Reliability run 1- Tour of Renfrewshire

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Small bunch of 6, comprising Darryl, Eve, Alan Mac, 'mad dog' Mulholland, Gerard and myself left at 09:00. Graham turned up just as we rolled off, but snapped his chain in an effort to stay with the furious pace set by mad dog. We stormed up on a Paisley Velo bunch on the .Westferry, and as we blew through the bunch on the Clune, Gerard punctured. Regrouping at the top we carried on over the wall. Once over, it was a steady pace round to Phil's foll, where mad dog paid the price of his earlier efforts. The rest of us carried round and back to the clubhouse, where there was tea and coffee. Good day to be be out, even when it was raining.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Woof!

Great company this morning. A fat mess on the bike so vote of thanks to the bunch for waiting for me at the top of the Muur and for Alan Mac for dragging me back on over the top. Smashing to see ex-Jet Eve riding strongly too. Sadly will miss next 2 outings due to MTB jaunt and CX race but will be back for number 4. Training continues.

Excellent turnout. Big bunch (16?) for the middle group.

A pretty nifty pace too (average 17 mph) for me!

My winter miles must be paying off as I didn't get dropped on the climbs! (not bad for an OAP!)

Tried to call you Chung when we waited after the Wall but no reply so we pressed on.

Thanks to those who provided refreshments.

Can somebody bring some milk next week?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Cracking ride today, a fast 40!

Big shouts to big Al, paced me up the Clune and also Charlie for keeping the pace even higher from the wall till the clubroom!! Looking strong chaps!!

Good to see you out again Greg. Charlie was going so well too on clune before his inevitable mechanical ! Big Al on another level. Chapeau to all who plugged round in the rain and cold.

Ohyadancer!

• Life Members

Excellent turnout. Big bunch (16?) for the middle group.

A pretty nifty pace too (average 17 mph) for me!

My winter miles must be paying off as I didn't get dropped on the climbs! (not bad for an OAP!)

Tried to call you Chung when we waited after the Wall but no reply so we pressed on.

Thanks to those who provided refreshments.

Can somebody bring some milk next week?

Well, that's was a true Reliability run indeed!

Chris's chain drop on the lower slopes of the Clune, we got it back on only for it to bloody snapped :-/

A 10 speed quick-link is just not ideal for a 9 speed chain indeed (afraid that's all I had) eventually got it on but the wider chain meant every time the link passed the rear Mech jockey wheels, it would slip & jump due to the stiff quick-link.

I was determined that he would not take the train home so decided the best course of action was to cut the ride short & accompany him back to Renfrew via the back roads of Langbank & Bishopton & take it gingerly.

Then I had a bloody a puncture myself :-(

Made my way back to the club room after leaving Chris at Red Smiddy, hope you got home without much bother Chris. I got back just in time to see Martin slam the shutter down, so no soup, scone or cake for me, brilliant!

Still it was a good ride & got home with 95km on my Garmin & not too a filthy hand despite all the mechanical!

I cannae wait for the summer to come soon enough!

P.S Paul, sorry hands were rather full when you called!

Cheers

Chung

• 2024 Subscriptions

Well, that's was a true Reliability run indeed!

Chris's chain drop on the lower slopes of the Clune, we got it back on only for it to bloody snapped :-/

A 10 speed quick-link is just not ideal for a 9 speed chain indeed (afraid that's all I had) eventually got it on but the wider chain meant every time the link passed the rear Mech jockey wheels, it would slip & jump due to the stiff quick-link.

I was determined that he would not take the train home so decided the best course of action was to cut the ride short & accompany him back to Renfrew via the back roads of Langbank & Bishopton & take it gingerly.

Then I had a bloody a puncture myself :-(

Made my way back to the club room after leaving Chris at Red Smiddy, hope you got home without much bother Chris. I got back just in time to see Martin slam the shutter down, so no soup, scone or cake for me, brilliant!

Still it was a good ride & got home with 95km on my Garmin & not too a filthy hand despite all the mechanical!

I cannae wait for the summer to come soon enough!

P.S Paul, sorry hands were rather full when you called!

Cheers

Chung

As Ian pointed our earlier, we had three snapped chains today. Must be a bad batch! Suggest all carry the appropriate quick link or chain tool and know how to use it :)

Shame you didn't get any food. Hopefully next week will be less eventful.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good run, cold feet. Glad Charlie waited for me to fix my wheel, oh wait he didnt he broke his chain 😂😂 only kidding Charlie going well, might have missed the food without him and Greg. Good to see so many out.