Reliability run 1- Tour of Renfrewshire

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

The first of the 2017 Reliability rides, the Tour of Renfrewshire, 40 miles, is on Sunday 5th February.

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street.

As normal, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the fastest bunch at 9:45am. This should give the athletes amongst us enough time to recover from the presentations night on the preceding evening.

The route

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/elderslie-sct/reliability-no-1-tour-of-the-shire-route-1730016

Tea, coffee, soup, rolls, cakes will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride, donations of food gratefully accepted, please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting. One contribution per person across the 4 weeks of Reliability rides will mean a hearty snack for all at the end of each ride.

A non riding volunteer please to heat the soup, etc. for this first week.

If you don't feel ready for the full 40 miles at this stage in the season, don't worry there will be others in the same boat and there are various shorter options available. Just come along and work up an appetite for the soup!

• Life Members

Thought that, but remembered something about this being to check that your bike still worked reliably after being left in the shed all winter.

Hi Alex,

I think the "reliability" part refers to the "man/woman" as well as / more than the machine :-)

Nice try though .......... :-) saying that, I've never seen an eTap equipped TT bike with mudguards though ........ you could well start a trend here! :-)

See youse all on Sunday & hoping for good weather!

Cheers

Chung

Hi Alex,

I think the "reliability" part refers to the "man/woman" as well as / more than the machine :-)

Nice try though .......... :-) saying that, I've never seen an eTap equipped TT bike with mudguards though ........ you could well start a trend here! :-)

See youse all on Sunday & hoping for good weather!

Cheers

Chung

TT bike has only just had pedals fitted and gets its first trial tonight.

Winter bike it is - better wash it after the weekend's use. Fingers crossed for good weather too.