Sunday 7th Feb 2016 - Reliability #1 - Tour of Renfrewshire

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions
The first of the 2016 Reliability rides, the Tour of Renfrewshire, 40 miles, is on Sunday 7th February.

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street.

As per previous years, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the fastest bunch at 9:45am.

Tea, coffee, soup, rolls, cakes will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride, donations of food gratefully accepted, please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting.  One contribution per person across the 4 weeks of Reliability rides will mean a hearty snack for all at the end of each ride.

A non riding volunteer please to heat the soup, etc. for this first week.

If you don't feel ready for the full 40 miles at this stage in the season, don't worry there will be others in the same boat and there are various shorter options available.  Just come along and work up an appetite for the soup!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not sure if i will be out yet - if my legs are ok after the renfrew bunch then will try to make it along

For some reason the link posted links back to this thread rather than the map, think this should work http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/elderslie-sct/reliability-no-1-tour-of-the-shire-route-1730016

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not sure if i will be out yet - if my legs are ok after the renfrew bunch then will try to make it along

For some reason the link posted links back to this thread rather than the map, think this should work http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/elderslie-sct/reliability-no-1-tour-of-the-shire-route-1730016

Thanks for pointing this out Iain, don't know how I managed that, but it's fixed now on the original posting.

I plan to provide vegetarian (for Carol!) mushroom soup for the numbers indicated by Saturday and go on a shorter ride leaving at 9, providing I can have some help and a key to open up again.  If driving rain, wind or snow it will be a very short ride.... I will get a lesson on the heating at tomorrow's Committee meeting (7pm) to make sure the place is cosy for those riding further.

Any kit that is still to be collected will be present.

Please post if you are bringing rolls, cake etc.

• 2023 Subscriptions

40 miles reliability - great opportunity to ride a couple of hours at tempo. Anyone up for a 20mph ride? JWCC Race team?

Plan to pop down with Keith Laird... and if you let us go ahead on our own we will eat all the buns.

Just tell Keith it costs £30 to join :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Iain

I am only hoping you keep a lid on it so I last as far as the Clune

Was looking forward to it so change your mind and ignore George and drag me round the flats and then leave me to suffer a thousand deaths on the Clune and the wall

And Keith is more than welcome just tell him to bring some elastic bands to attach to my bike