The Georgetown Cup Time Trial , Renfrew – Saturday, 03 Sep 2016

PaulL

Was great to see so many Wheelers there today. Was so glad to see the back of it and to clean George's bike ready for its return (thanks George!) never to ride a blasted TT again.

Now I'm wondering how I could strip 31 seconds off my time... Is this how this TT madness starts???

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was great to see so many Wheelers there today. Was so glad to see the back of it and to clean George's bike ready for its return (thanks George!) never to ride a blasted TT again.

Now I'm wondering how I could strip 31 seconds off my time... Is this how this TT madness starts???

Looking forward to next years calendar?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes.👹👹👹👹👹👹💀

• 2023 Subscriptions

I reckon we could beat Fullartons time next year! We were missing some folk plus if we committed to it we could all improve I'm sure. That was only my 3rd TT today, on a road bike, the last one being 2 years ago so I could improve from 17'23" for sure. We were chatting today about a TT points system next year a bit like how Jan has run the chain gang in Thursday's with points for turning up, winning and pbs. Might be fun!

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys. Don't reinvent the wheel! The club has been running tt' s on this course for years. Maybe one of you would like to organise the confined events next year as Graham is going to be away too much to take it on again?? The chocolate series sounds like the competition described above.

Hi Jane

I dont think Amdy means to run another event. It was just an idea to have a points system to run alongside the chocolate night. So people who dont qualify for chocolate trophy have something to motivate them(and have some fun) throughout the year. Nothing would change except a spreasheet added 😉. Grahams done a great job with the confineds and will be a real pity to loose his input.

• 2023 Subscriptions

About this points idea. We should consider anything that encourages our members and any new members along to our TTs (or any event). The simplicity of just a time is pure and attractive in itself alone, the very essence of TTs. Anything else should not interfere with this but should enough of us think that an additional incentive is worth a shot then a system should be considered. We have the winter months to thrash out the details and assess interest. We should at least do it on a separate thread.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Apologies for mini rant!

I keep tripping over water bottles and dance tickets and sandwiches for Club events.

See you tomorrow night at Comm mtg!

J

Apologies from me Jane. It was an interesting conversation and the patter of post Georgetown excitement got me thinking.

I did like the idea of the points system as it has been very successful on the Thursday night chain gang

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

The chocolate series and the sub 26 chocolate series are already decided on a handicapped points system, the handicap being the best Westferry 10 time in the preceding 3 years. This is also the case with the league of 10.

What has been missing for the last few years is a wide member participation, so I'm all for the enthusiastic uptake.

Can I suggest that if there is to be any further discussion around this that we move it into the members only part of the bunch?