2016 adventure

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

LaSufrida may now be a pipe dream for me. Today on my commute into work I was hit head on by an Audi 4x4 coming in the opposite direction. The driver just turned right without seeing me. I was doing about 22mph and I assume she would be too. I hit her windscreen, she kept moving and I was thrown over the top with bike still attached (I assume) , as my bike and me were at least 20 metres up into the road she was turning into. I must admit I feel amazingly lucky to be writing this message. All in all I suffered 2 dislocated fingers, torn ligaments to both of those fingers, stitches to right middle finger, stitches to left ankle and severe trauma to left thigh and right knee. At this moment I would say riding LaSufrida is not going to happen, mainly because of my hand problems, but we will see. At the moment I'm still planning to go regardless, and hopefully this feeling wont change when the pain relief wears off..

Totally gutted

Mcginty

• Life Members

Iain, I'm really sorry to hear about your awful experience, it's totally sh*t to say the least!

I hope you recover very very soon & make it to Spain in good shape!

What did the driver said after the incident? I hope she's aware of the severity of it all!

Take it easy & stay safe everyone :-/

Regards

Chung

Geez Ginty, that's awful mate.  Could have been a lot worse getting skelped with one of those tractors, glad you're not too bashed up. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I thought the traffic in town of late had improved a fair bit.  

Even if you don't ride in Spain you should definitely fly out and enjoy the break.

Look after yourself

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks folks for all the kind words and encouragement. Re the driver, I never got to meet her, as I was on the ground until the ambulance came, and she never left her car which she drove 100 yards on before stopping, after having me on her windscreen for the first 25 or so. But the police said she was pretty traumatised and never at all tried to deny full blame . She's been charged and we'll just need to take it from there.

See you'se all soon