TOUR OF FLANDERS 2016

George

• Committee

I tripped over a French road champs jersey in the hallway in the Campanile. Odd. Then I noticed Tommy Voeckler in the room next door and realised it was THE French road champs jersey.

George, we left cars in Oudenaarde the night before. Only one minor slip up when we waited an extra hour for Tom who liked the Koppenberg so much he cycled up it twice.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I tripped over a French road champs jersey in the hallway in the Campanile. Odd. Then I noticed Tommy Voeckler in the room next door and realised it was THE French road champs jersey.

George, we left cars in Oudenaarde the night before. Only one minor slip up when we waited an extra hour for Tom who liked the Koppenberg so much he cycled up it twice.

And someone cycled the Ronde from Bruge to Ninove and forgot his car keys, ahem....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Life Members

Hello fellow adopted Flandrians,

I have some how managed to blag myself a space in Allan M's Flanders wagon come next April :-)

AllanM, Peter Graham, Alan Anderson (Coatbridge Clarion CC - Allan friend) & myself will be travelling by car on Thursday 31st March to Belgium via Hull - over night car ferry - to Zeabrugger - then staying 2 nights in Brugge to ride the Ronde De Vlaandaren Sportive 2016 :-)

George & co,

We're not sure how many of you guys are going, but I believe youse are staying in Oudenaarde (the ride finish town) so hopefully we can meet up the day before or after the ride for some "refreshments" somewhere :-)

It might be a good idea too if we can meet at the start as well, I assume you guys will be taking the organised transit to Brugge from Oudenaarde on the morning of the ride?

We'll be staying at the "Brugge Ibis Centrum Hotel" which is approx. 7-10km (I'm guessing) from the starting line.

Anyway, we still have plenty of time to plan/discuss, but just thought I would inform folks about our schedules.

Speak soon & I'll be off to polish my Flemish now :-)

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Chung, that's great news.

Yeah, we will be on the 05:30am shuttle to Bruges-FULL ROUTE-NO WIMPING OUT MR CROSS!!!!

Hope we can meet up but I do have a full schedule on Saturday (riding) and Sunday (touring the antique shops, in search of an antique Flemish gravy boat)

We should at least be able to meet up at the start and finish although myself and the Bairdinator will likely be half cut by the time "Richie Crosswinds" finishes.

der elk johnstone op op op bison-power op op!!!!

(I just made that up, it's not really Flemish)

• Life Members

Chung

George

Alex B

Porto

Paul L

Iain Carvill

Richie Crosswinds

+ Iain Carvill bro in law.

Thanks George,

+ of course the other 2 Wheelers

Allan McLaughlin

Peter Graham

&

Alan Anderson (Our Friend from the Coatbridge Clarion)

That means I count ELEVEN .......... enough for a football team then! :-)

Fantastic, I'm getting excited already ............. or fear??? I get these mix up sometimes :-)

Cheers

Chung

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...