19th April – Whole Club Run to Stachur

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

After the success of last years trip, here is a similar one for this year, but instead of the Post Office cafe, I suggest the Coylet Inn on Loch Eck as the coffee stop. (I spoke to Creggan's Inn, but they said they couldn't cope with us at a weekend.)

Lots of options of how to get there to suit all ambitions and training programmes, including (with distances from the ferry):

1. Straight from the ferry - 8 miles and flat! But could go up to Strachur first bringing the distance up to 28 miles, 500 ft.

2. A western route via Loch Tarzan and the A886 (Glendaruel) - 40 miles, 2,000 ft.

3. Loch Tarzan and C11 – 46 miles, 2,600 ft.

4. Over The Rest via Glen Fruin, 62 miles, 2,600 ft from Erskine Bridge.

Start times may vary depending on routes chosen, but there are outbound ferrys at 08:30, 09:00, 09:30, 10:00, 10:20

• Life Members

Hi Graham,

What'll be your ETA at the "Coylet Inn Loch Eck"?

I'll most likely be coming over the "Rest & be Thankful" via Arrochar route, the estimate distance for this from the Clubroom to Coylet Inn would be approx. 70-ish miles making this round trip (then return ferry from Dunoon to Gourock) & back to Johnstone touching 100-ish miles. So, an early start would be require to get to Coylet Inn in time to meet everyone.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

By my calculations if you leave the Club Room at 0800 and average say 15 mph, you should be at the Coylet at about 13:00.

That seems like a civilised time of day to go to a pub, so I suggest those doing shorter routes aim for 12:30 so as to beat the rush!

I'm planning on being there, but not committing to a route until the day before, as I have some miles to get in before then.

Billy, I wouldn't dream of telling you which route to take, but the mileage and climbing in option 4 above does not include Hells Glen. Other options are possible.....