19th April – Whole Club Run to Stachur

GrahamF

Lovely run today. Weather, route, company, eventual cafe stop were all top notch. Headed down to Largs and over the Haylie with Paul and Alan after ferry. Really nice pace, but legs feeling it now. Hoping my medicinal Bordeaux will sort things out!

Only 55 miles short of LBL...

Bit gutted I missed George buying coffee in BoW. Some things have to be seen to be believed! ;-)

• Life Members

Fantastic day riding!

Thanks for all the wheels to follow, especially to Billy for tolling me up the "Rest", and Richard, Iain x 3 for letting me suck their wheels on the Westferry. The run into Renfrew just finished me off, instead of another classy cafe stop in BoW, I was content with a chicken bake & a can of coke at Greggs in Paisley, it tasted brilliant though! :-) It was a life saver!

Got home totally goosed, 185km, still 80km short of LBL. :-/

Good luck & have fun to all the LBL'ers next Saturday, everyone looking very strong! Definitely will be mixing it with the Belgiums :-)

Hope the weather plays ball on the day, just like today would do nicely!

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Great day out, bit tired now as hard slog along west ferry into the wind. Thanks to Richard and Ginty for the wheels. Can't wait now for next week and here's hoping the weather gods are good to us. Thanks again to all and great to see so many wheelers out, great effort by the young lad, sorry can't remember your name but well done.