March 23rd - Troon

Paul C

hi chung sorry to hear of your accident as i cut off from bunch earlier hadnt a clue what had happened until ritch texd us sayin he was sharin an ambulance with u!!! one comforting thing to know when you come round that you wernt on your good summer bike now that should comfort you more knowin this,the things people do for attention a dont know lol ! up until a left you great ride today and good company with all the usuall faces well done to new comer allan who looked very strong and if he was enjoying himsel 😌 speedy recovery chung ma friend

john

• Life Members

Thanks to everyone for their well wishing messages, and the guys (I think it was Tom & somebody) for tending to me while I was laying on the A77 cycle track!

I could make up some heroic & brave stories, but the truth is I just didn't see the bollards as I had my head down what with the wind in your face.

I think "SpecSavers" should make an advert out of my misfortune! Priceless material.

Tom, I think bollards in Chinese translate to something like "boll"x" :-)

Anyway, I'm currently lying on the bed in the A&E department ward at Crosshill hospital, tucking into my tea of veggie soup & smoked haddock with boiled tatties. Nice! I still need my food even when I'm no cycling though.

I'm ok but for the cuts/bruise to the face. Doctor said I seems to be fine after checking me thoroughly but I need to stay over night to be observed for precautionary reasons.

Hopefully I'll get the clear tomorrow morning and be let out!

I can't seem to remember all the things happened while I was lying on the ground, but hopefully I didn't say anything rude or stupid.

The ambulance crew were first class, the doctors & nurses in here are great, but come on - NO Milan San Remo on the telly. I need to speak to the hospitals trustees management when I get out. This matter needs to be address for future for sure!

But guys, please don't tell me who won as I hope to watch it hopefully when I get out tomorrow on Sky+! Cheers

As you can see, I've got plenty time on my hands in here. So feel free to text/post me jokes or funny cycling stories if you wish, for me to kill time!

Thanks again guys & hopefully I'll see you all next Sunday. (I don't think there's any bollards on next Sundays route ........ is there?)

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Hi Chung glad to hear you're ok and no permanent damage. One positive was that your crash let me catch up to what was a beltin pace, although once the ambulance disappeared, I was struggling again. Fenwick is a bloody nightmare into the wind, especially as a solo rider! Anyway spoke to big Alan who loved it today and sends his best wishes, sure he'll he a regular from now on. Thanks to Alan Fox and John for offering their wheels to get me back up. Need the miles and will keep pedalling, hoping the fitness comes and can hold my own.

Good luck mate and speedy recovery

Iain