Volunteers Please - JWCC Admiralty RR Sunday 28th August

chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chung, I mentioned to you last weekend I'm out the night before so unable to drive the morning of race, I'll do my best to pedal down and lend a hand.

Chung, I'm on holiday just now however will do what I can for you on return, no previous experience!

Robbie, I'd ride down too if you are ok with company, early start needed, under 2 hours?...not sure of distance.

cheers,

Eric

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chung, I'm on holiday just now however will do what I can for you on return, no previous experience!

Robbie, I'd ride down too if you are ok with company, early start needed, under 2 hours?...not sure of distance.

cheers,

Eric

Its about 17- 18 miles from clubrooms. Basically follow the sewing bee route to Stewarton, at the crossroads there turn right follow that road to Kilmaurs then take a right at the first mini roundabout when in Kilmaurs head along that road under the railway bridge - the community centre is behind the row of houses on the right after the bridge (or on the left before the railway if coming from the other direction!)

• Life Members

Hi Chung,

If you take up Morna's kind offer of help then I can get a lift up to HQ to do my assigned tasks.

Sans

Sandra, can you get in touch with Morna regarding lift for the morning please!

Many Thanks

Chung

• Life Members

Hi all,

Thanks to all the folks who have so far volunteered to help & marshal for the race, I've even managed to get a few PAISLEY VELO members to help too, very much appreciated!

Unfortunetly, I'm still short on a FIRST AIDER & 3 more marshals to meet the minimum requirement!

So, again I'm asking for the good folks of the Wheelers - experienced & new members to lend a hand for the day. Without the required numbers, the race could be cancelled :-( which is not what we want!

Please get in touch or post up if you can spare a morning to help & also watch some real live racing!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Yippee, I now have Paul Levy giving up his Ivy Auld Yins race to be FIRST AIDER for our race! What a gentleman!

Also, Ritchie Proven, along with another of the Couriers have also offered to help too!

Due to the nature of the course, I'm needing more marshals than before, so any more volunteers will be most welcome.

Cheers

Chung 

• Life Members

Hi All,

The race I on this Sunday & I've pretty much have everyone/everything I need, the following is the allocation of roles on the day.

Please can you all be at the Race HQ - Kilmaurs Community Hall, East Park Drive, Kilmaurs KA3 2QS for 8.00am!

SIGN-ON & HQ

Sandra

Mary

CAR CONVOY

In order of travel

Lead Car 2 - Iain McGinty

Lead Car 1 - Iain McTarvish

Comm. 2    - Iain Cowden

Comm. 1    - Paul McMillan

Service      - Alan T with Willy Cosh as Service support

First Aid    - Stevie McFarlane with Paul Leavy as 1st Aider

FINISH LINE

Ian Anderson (Walker Cycles)

MARSHALLS

Corner 1 - Stewarton

Eric

Morna

AndrewD

Corner 2 - Cunninghamhead

David Cathcart

Alan McBride

Corner 3 - Kilmaurs

Roundabout

Ritchie Proven (Couriers)

Another Courier

Bill T

Bridge

Greg Balden

Residential on Irvine Road

Karen Graham

John Downes (Paisley Velo)

Graeme Barr (Paisley Velo)

Chris Austin

Rachel Hedley (Moray CRT)

Convoy cars will be require to have roof signs put on their roof (which we'll supply), so make sure if you have any roof top bike carriers etc. on your car - please remove it before hand. Roof bars set across should be fine.

Each car will be supply with a radio with external antenna for communication.

Obviously, make sure you have enough petrol in the car :-)

Marshals will be require to wear a Hi-Viz bib & red flags will be supply too, making you all look authoritive :-)

I hope I've covered everything/everyone, if you have any question, feel free to PM or text me.

Thanks again for all who offered to help & I'll see you guys bright & early on Sunday then!

Cheers

Chung