Volunteers Please - JWCC Admiralty RR Sunday 28th August

chung

• Life Members

Hello Fellow Wheelers,

As some of you might know, I’m organising one of open race as part of the "Scottish Cycling West Development" road race series on behalf of the Johnstone Wheelers.

It’s on the Sunday 28th August 2016, and now comes the time to ask/beg the good member of the Joansins for volunteer help in staging this race on the day.

The following are the details of the race & the number of drivers/with car, helpers & marshals that is required on the day in-order to stage the race which is to be run under the SC/BC regulations.

So, please don’t be shy and put your self forward to volunteer & help in whatever way you can and make this a great day for the racers & spread the good name of the JWCC!

Johnstone Wheelers CC Admiralty RR

Sunday 28th August 2016

Race Start time

10:00am (finish approx. 12:30pm) HQ Open for 9am

Kilmaurs-Stewarton Circuit

6 lap of 8.5 mile course = 51miles

Race HQ

Kilmaurs Community Centre

East Park Drive

Kilmaurs

KA3 2QS

PERSONNEL REQUIRE

6 Drivers with Cars for the race convey

(CANNOT be 4x4, high vehicles, vans such likes etc)

MUST be a British Cycling member.

10 Marshals minimum (the more the better really)

2 Sign-on

1 First Aider

Catering

Any donation of sandwiches, cakes & biscuits would be hugely appreciated :-)

We should have the generous support/help from Dooleys & Q-Bikes, but in order to run the race properly & safely we will need your help as members of the club to lend a supporting hand.

Your time required on the day will be from 9am to 1pm at the most, so please make your intentions known if you can support / help, either by posting here or contacting me via PM of my mobile at 0790 3356 730, please also state clearly what you can or want to do in terms of duty, so that I can make the proper planning.

Many Thanks & I look forward to a rush of volunteers coming shortly :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Hi Chung, I should be free, happy to marshal.

Thats great, Karen & the rest!

Paul - aka LA_Guns, Iain Cowden & (maybe) Mary Cowden are all able to help on the day also ............

However, fellow Wheelers,

We need minimum 20 bodies on the day - so far I've got 8, still a long way to meet the number to put the race on :-/

It would be a shame to have to cancel due to lack of volunteers, as so far we have over 50 entries & still 10 days yet before closing date.

Please don't be shy & any help would be very much appreciated!

Many Thanks

Chung

• Life Members

Chung,

I'm up for helping too, either marshalling or car driving ..

Ian

Thats Great, Iain!

I'll note your role preferences & deploy you talent accordingly :-) Thank you very much!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just a suggestion but once the entry list for organising clubs and juniors is filled (which i think is the priority entry) then you could say to riders who are members of non-organising clubs that they will get a start if they bring a +1 from their club to marshal for a couple of hours :)

Probably against the rules but seems a fair way of doing it

• Life Members

Hi All,

Its my unashamedly periodic call to arms for more volunteers to help put this race on, on behalf of the Johnstone Wheelers :-) Sorry & I won't stop until I get it :-)

Well, so far I'm sure I have all the 6 race convey drivers & cars to cover the minimum requirement, I have 1 sign-on/HQ & about 6 committed marshals.

What I'm still short on is a FIRST AIDER, & at least another 7 MARSHALS.

​Please, if you can lend a hand - I along with the club would be most grateful for you help, as I stated before - you'll only be required from 8am -1pm. You get to watch some real live racing on open roads with a race convoy & moto riders just like the Grand Tours :-) we might even have some crazy fans too ........ oh, free cakes & sandwiches after the race at HQ too!

Just to let everyone know, the role of the marshals is not as daunting as it sounds, for starters - you'll NOT be require to control any traffic at all (we don't have the power to do so anyway) It'll be just a case of donning a High-Viz bib & a radio in hand looking rather authoritive, notifying folks of what's going on & stuff :-) And you'll be brief by the Race Commisaires on the day as to what to do & expect anyway.

So, anyone can do it, there is no special skill involve ............................... so pleeeeeeeese don't be shy & sign up before it's too late :-o

Many thanks

Yours thankfully

Chung