Al Fox

al yuille

Hadn't heard anything either. Hope you're on the the mend Foxy. Let us know how you're doing.

On a not unrelated matter. I heard last night from a Glasgow Green rider that one of their's got seriously smashed by a motorcyclist on the A77 at the weekend. Punctured lung and broken pelvis amongst other breakages. Chap said the smashed rider got hit at 60mph. I then got buzzed by a motorcyclist at full tilt further up the same road. Guy had an empty stretch of straight road in front of him (both lanes) and gave me what felt like about 2 feet clearance. Not usually fazed by traffic but he was close enough to illict a bad word or two. Bonkers in the extreme. One might think bikers might have some empathy towards cyclists. Stay safe out there folks.

M

Thanks for the good wishes gents.

Lost a fight with a Mondeo between Bishopton and Erskine. However, did manage to remove his wing mirror with my wrist before hitting the road.

Been out for a couple of short spins, but still painful and confidence on the road is low.

Hopefully be out again in a few weeks (....after losing the extra pounds from comfort eating.)

Cheers.

• Life Members

Alan, glad you're ok after your close encounter! I was wondering where you've been, haven't seen you in a while, hope all is well & you back on the road very soon!

Take care my friend & stay safe!

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Hi Al did not know and also wondering where you had gotten too. Glad all ok and that you get back on the bike soon. Lots of eejits out there, as I had white van man swerving into me in Kilmalcolm on Sat. If only some of these fatties actually cycled

Hadn't heard anything either. Hope you're on the the mend Foxy. Let us know how you're doing.

On a not unrelated matter. I heard last night from a Glasgow Green rider that one of their's got seriously smashed by a motorcyclist on the A77 at the weekend. Punctured lung and broken pelvis amongst other breakages. Chap said the smashed rider got hit at 60mph. I then got buzzed by a motorcyclist at full tilt further up the same road. Guy had an empty stretch of straight road in front of him (both lanes) and gave me what felt like about 2 feet clearance. Not usually fazed by traffic but he was close enough to illict a bad word or two. Bonkers in the extreme. One might think bikers might have some empathy towards cyclists. Stay safe out there folks.

M

Funnily enough I had a fall out with a biker in Paisley, I was in outside lane approaching the big lights at the Watermill Hotel from the direction of the Police station and holding the lane for safety when a m/bike shot past me on my right. I sh@t myself. Couldn't believe what he had done. I am a biker myself and couldn't believe his stupidity. Anyhow, get well soon Foxy.