Don Smith Memorial Ride 2014

KennyS

The 2014 Don Smith Memorial Ride will take place on Sunday 9th March based at Lochwinnoch

There will be three Rides as per previous years

All proceeds from the Ride will be split evenly between the Braveheart Fund and the Accord Hospice in Paisley

Individual sponsorship for the ride is encouraged and to this end the Braveheart Fund has very kindly donated the following prizes

- The Adult rider who raises the most sponsorship will win 2 tickets to the 2014 Braveheart Dinner in Kilmarnock

- The Youth rider who raises the most sponsorship will win 2 VIP Ride tickets,and will personally meet and ride as a VIP, at this year's Braveheart Fund Ride and also win a Braveheart Fund Jersey

Full details to follow, including online entry via the BC website

KennyS

• 2 weeks later...

Further details now available on the JWCC website http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/events-wheelers/reliabilities/don-smith-memorial-2014

Online entry is available via the BC website https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/106315/Don-Smith-Memorial-Ride-2014

Riders raising Individual sponsorship would be greatly appreciated and sponsorship form can be downloaded from http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/files/DS2014SponsorhipFormx.pdf

Thanks for the early entries to all those who've already done so.

I'm looking for assistance on Sunday morning.

Last year we had a approx 150 riders and, although a number of riders pre-enter, everyone has to sign on so I'm looking for 2-3 volunteers to assist with this from 8-30 onwards

Also, there are no plans for rider support on the day but if anyone is planning on being around with their car and could maybe be on standby it would be appreciated

Finally, I need to have a final check of each of the three routes on Sunday morning to ensure the risk assessments are up to date. If anyone could assist with this I would be eternally grateful as I need to get a couple of riders to Lochwinnoch for 8:30

Kenny

• Administrators

Thanks for the early entries to all those who've already done so.

I'm looking for assistance on Sunday morning.

Last year we had a approx 150 riders and, although a number of riders pre-enter, everyone has to sign on so I'm looking for 2-3 volunteers to assist with this from 8-30 onwards

Also, there are no plans for rider support on the day but if anyone is planning on being around with their car and could maybe be on standby it would be appreciated

Finally, I need to have a final check of each of the three routes on Sunday morning to ensure the risk assessments are up to date. If anyone could assist with this I would be eternally grateful as I need to get a couple of riders to Lochwinnoch for 8:30

Kenny

Think I drive over part of one of the routes.

Hello,

Does anyone have a garmin link to the medium route, I tried to look on the map my ride but it won't let me zoom in to see the roads. I plan on doing that ride but like to have a good idea of the roads before hand.

Any help would be great.

Jody

• 2023 Subscriptions

Splendid run today. Very very encouraging to see so many JWCC who are clearly on plan to achieve THE challenge of the year which is of course double Arran (ok fair cop to those who are doing Roubaix - just jealous)

BTW, What was the score on the three towns bypass, that was harder than a race effort !? Ones wee petrol engine was truly out of fuel after that.

The Ayr Roads guy that crashed in Greenock is basically ok but is going to hospital to check out whether collar bone fractured or broken.

Ohyadancer!