No Club Runs for me - 4 weeks!

chung

• Life Members

Hi All,

Just want to say that I'll not be able to post any Sunday Runs for the next 4 weeks or so, as I won't be able to make it out.

This is due to the fact that I've just been back from the hospital with a "stuccie" on my left arm. :-(

Yes, my fall off the bike from 3 weeks ago has actually fractured my scapfoid (bone in the palm), so I've been told not to do any road cycling for at least 4 weeks ..................... sh*t!

Anyway, so if folks have any idea on run routes, please feel free to post up as I won't be able to do so!

Have fun folks & maybe see you all in 4 weeks. I'm off to join a running club now! :-?

Cheers

Chung

• Members

That's awful, Chung. I feel really bad for you, and for your wife and Sean, cos you're going to be murder to live with if you can't get out on your bike at all. ;) Heal up quickly. There'll be plenty of time to get out in July and August.

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Chung, I hate to be controversial but as you were able to type this post you are clearly not suffering from an ailment that precludes you from posting club runs.

Also, this post should really be in the general section.

just sayin'

That's not good news Chung. Wouldn't have guessed it at the weekend. Got to ask why so long to work out you had a fracture if you came off 3 weeks ago?

Speedy recovery

M

Donnelly, you're an insensitve pedant! Cut the man some slack........just sayin'

• Life Members

Thank you folks for the kind messages!

Paul, yes it was "that corner"! I'm not sure my wife agrees with you regarding me rather than the Canyon point. ;-)

Davie, you're welcome to borrow my Canyon but you'll have to promise to cushion it with your body in the event of a fall. :grin:

Mark, you're right!

I should have went to the hospital the next day to check it out proper. The few days after the fall was really sore but I kind of gotten use to it and it slowly got better. Plus the fact I didn't want to be off the bike if knowing I've done some real damage. Maybe I was just kidding myself I should have face the fact sooner, there's a lesson to be learnt for me here.

Chung

Sorry to hear that Chung I've fractured the scaphoid in my wrist before a small bone but I know how uncomfortable it can be. I would get the wife to shower as much pity on u as possible so that you can buy yourself another piece of bling without feeling too bad. Hope you get back put soon

Colin

Got to ask why so long to work out you had a fracture if you came off 3 weeks ago?

Those scaphoids are tricky! A couple of years ago I hurt my wrist playing footy...saving a shot in the warm up!...and it was sore all day so went to the hospital and had an x-ray the next day. I was told it was ok but due to the nature of the scaphoid, the swelling can hide any fractures...but...they didn't tell me to come back so I thought it was ok and just had a sore wrist.

Typical man thing...although it was sore, sometimes really sore, every day, I waited from June, when I hurt it, til the end of Aug to go back to hospital and be told it was broken. Too late for a cast so an operation and a screw through the bone.

Speedy recovery!

• Life Members

Thanks again for all the good wishes!

I'm not "hard", just stupid & not want to face the fact!

In hindsight, I should have gone to the hospital earlier. I just hope my injusry won't end up like Ritchie's! :-(

Charlie & Ramsay, I completely feel your pain now! This is going to be a long 4 weeks for me...................

Cheers

Chung