Gerard Deeley

Sam Dooley 25m TT 25 August 2019

A big call out to everyone within the Johnstone Wheelers family.  

This year I am organising the Sam Dooley TT and in order to make it a massive success for our club we need lots of volunteers.  Required for the day will be a signing on crew, timekeepers, marshals placed at important points on the course and general helpers at Bishopton Community Centre.  If anyone has previous experience of any of these roles then let me know.  Also on the day we will need a generous donation of the usual foodstuffs for all of the riders, helpers and any other cycling groupies. 

Post up below if you can help out, or PM me if you prefer.

Massive kudos for taking on the task, Gerard!

I’ll be along for marshalling!

If it’s ok, I’ll take my usual spot on the A8 on the slip road junction (for the Bishopton roundabout) right before the finish please!

Cheers

Chung

30 minutes ago, Gerard Deeley said:

We still need a lot more volunteers to join the magnificent ones already in the mix.

Hi Gerard, how many helpers & marshals do you need in total?

The event is still 2 months away, so plenty of time to allow for late comers to help.

From my past experience, usually it'll all come good in the end & you'll get the numbers of helpers/marshals required near the date.

Also, ask Iain McTarvish to sound out the call on FB, Twitter etc ............ other Cycling Club's member (Couriers, Paisley Velo etc) have also helped out in the 2 events I organised.

It might be that if any Wheelers who want to ride will need to nominate a friend/family member to help out, should the worst come to it :-(

Good luck

Cheers