Winter Bogs

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Nae luck Marc, heard you hAD a puncture. Fine performance from the many JWCC getting stuck in toDAy. Chapeau DArryl, Eric, Charlie, Alan and regular Jan.

In case anyone is wondering what happens after Largs, well there was 4 of us as Fraser and Jesse were not feeling so good so they and Jan went up the Healy brae. Went to Ardrossan then back via Dalry and Kilbirnie. Average speed was 1.3kph higher but my normalised power was less as I was tanked by Ardrossan drag and took up a hanging on role at the back.

Just getting it out there early but with forecast very poor for Fri and  Sat, going to propose same again for Sunday.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Once over the initial shock of early morning chilled air and gingerly balancing on icy paths for part of my way to the start of today's ride the frost free coast road and bright low sun proved it was worthwhile making the effort to get out and about.  Enjoyed my first experience of this bunch, slightly faster for me on the run to Largs but that was what I hoped and expected. Thanks to Paul for his encouragement and all of the bunch for keeping it steady paced! Good to have company in Charlie and Darryl for BB and ride home with the sun on our backs! 

• 2023 Subscriptions
17 hours ago, P McDonald said:

Nae luck Marc, heard you hAD a puncture. Fine performance from the many JWCC getting stuck in toDAy. Chapeau DArryl, Eric, Charlie, Alan and regular Jan.

In case anyone is wondering what happens after Largs, well there was 4 of us as Fraser and Jesse were not feeling so good so they and Jan went up the Healy brae. Went to Ardrossan then back via Dalry and Kilbirnie. Average speed was 1.3kph higher but my normalised power was less as I was tanked by Ardrossan drag and took up a hanging on role at the back.

Just getting it out there early but with forecast very poor for Fri and  Sat, going to propose same again for Sunday.

Is it meet at clubrooms or bogs on Sunday?

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm on the case for a business like bunch for New years DAy, posted the below on Messenger

Next remotely decent day is Monday. Which is also new years day. What better way to start the year than a 10am bunch. Post up if you plan to be out.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not many takers for regular bogs bunch on Messenger. There never is mind you, and always plenty appear!

Anyway, how about 10am Houston roundabout for some local hills ? I need to be home for 1230.

Happy new year and best of luck in whatever Arran endeavour you undertake in 2018. SA, SS, WSA, 56+50, DA,