Winter Bogs

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions
5 hours ago, thejanullrichdietplan said:

my road is full of ice so giving it a miss...coast will likely be ok but after that not going to risk it 

anyone fancy a ride tomorrow - could leave a bit behind club run, through and off and meet them in largs?

Pace snobbery & elitism- magic :)

if the main bunch isn’t fast enough for you krazy kidz then you may have to form a splinter racing club with a suitably hip name:

GS Artisan? VC Tofu? Pulled Pork RT? Thomsons RT?

Made it out today 5 hardie souls Richie P,  Iain A, youngster from Glasgow Cycle Club, Mark Cushley and A N other who departed after Largs. Departed myself after Barmill due to horrendous conditions and getting pumped on the drags. Did my own thing up West Kilbride climb. Youngster left after that due to gears jamming up. Longest miles for a while for me so all good 

• 2023 Subscriptions
3 hours ago, Alpine Bison said:

if the main bunch isn’t fast enough for you krazy kidz then you may have to form a splinter racing club with a suitably hip name:

Or VC MTFU or we don’t like the cold or ride on the front all day 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done Colin, actually very well done. Charlie, we will be honoured and delighted to join you - at the BB :)

In no way at all to detract from the regular main bunch run, and I note this is the bogs bunch thread not a main bunch thread,  so I will risk ex communication and ritual flogging outside the BB and ask who is up for Houston roundabout 10.15 sharp per Jans suggestion of 'stay very warm paceline'

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm meeting my son John at the Houston roundabout at noon on Sunday for 2 hours. He's wanting 4 hours at 240 watts. Be tempo for me even wheel sucking. Top of zone 2 today with the Renfrew Bunch. Very nice pace. Warm all the way despite the rain. Anyhow if anyone wants a good blast tomorrow probably best to PM me. Don't want to take over this thread.

• 2023 Subscriptions
7 hours ago, Alpine Bison said:

I didnt make  any comment about pace. But it wouldnt be winter without the topic coming up!

I thought doing it this way would be more respectful of those wanting to do a normal club run rather than joining in  and starting the habble for the Largs 30 in Inverkip.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I’m only pulling your chain, Jann.

i’m actually all in favour of a faster fast group leaving 10 mins behind Billy, Charlie and folk of their level. That way we all get a workout and don’t get cold waiting on them.

casts line and waits for a nibble....

• Committee

Tesla have a button on their dashboard for super fast mode named "Ludicrous". Really. 

We were having a lovely well paced ride until just after Wemyss Bay when someone pressed that button and it strung out.

The sensible people stopped at BB and we had a coffee, actual conversation instead of grunts, and sunny trip home up Cote de Hailie.

Chapeau to the riders who remained especially Jan whom we saw chasing down the bunch from the warmth of BB.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good one Alan, I met a guy at a corporate thing that had one of the Tesla's. Much talk round table about it. I thought to myself that is one excellent piece of marketing to make a car with a 'ridiculous' button, every petrol head will be talking about it.  Even non petrol heads like me talk about it !

Great to see so many wheelers out on Saturday morning. To put things into perspective it factually was a bit ridiculous from Wemyss Bay to Largs so don't be put off. I recorded the 6th fastest strava time for the segment and it never really kicked off until after Skelmorlie so it was ridiculously fast. Only 4 left out of 20 in the bunch at Largs 30 sign and big gaps. 

What doesn't kill you makes you more ready for DA18. Or even WS17 ( that would be the winter single :) )

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was dipping into zone 9 at Largs, and Joe Friel, my coaching manual, said no.  Legs, heart, lungs, intestines etc agreed.

More generally the Renfrew bunch last Saturday was too hard for me. Be good to join a sub group that stuck at top of zone 2.

I ought to join the JWCC Sunday Audax / Bagel Basket Group. Hmm.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Brilliant run today, weather cold but otherwise excellent. Extended a bit to Ardrossan just to view the magnificent Isle of Arran which was utterly resplendent in the sunshine and fresh snow. 

(some) Sense prevailed with the Wemyss Bay to Largs section more than a minute slower than last week ! chapeau to Robbie, Gregg, Galib and Scott for MTFU today.

Saw Jan and Jesse in Gourock who get some kudos for being out but no rule 5 points as they repaired to coffee shop without actually partaking in pace line :)