Winter Bogs

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Excellent DAy for a winter run. Unusually only me from JWCC in the 8 up group which fairly chuntered from red smiddy to Largs. En route we collected Jan and Jesse at Inverkip then Galeb caught up with us in Largs. AnDy G should have been with group but succumbed to shameful bike maintenance and did a solo in the wee ring.

Group only went to W Kilbride after general consensus that the gubbedness rating was too high, wind too strong and temp too low! 

Spectacular view of Arran as we went round the Cloch - truly inspirational. Maybe we should ride round it one DAy.

Knackered after today...worked quite hard at the beginning to try and catch the bunch after the late departure this morning. After Port Glasgow I have given up the hope of catching up, but I was going well and thought why not continue and make a good workout of it (with WSA in mind :grin:) . So I pushed on and by the time I got to Largs I was spent and was hoping the bunch was not there and to roll softly back home...but as approaching Largs bogs unfortunately spotted them. Paul convinced me to join and off we went after I had my banana. My legs were shot so I just hung at the back. As we passed through Kilbirnie I was starving and done so just dropped off and stopped for a quick refuel and rolled back home. Thought I was going to crash when I got home but kids wanted out so took them to park...couch time now :!:

• 2023 Subscriptions

A tale of 2 half's today. Decent wee bunch to Largs, steady pace n a tailwind, Darryl had more sense and stopped for coffee he looked very happy as we passed the BB.

Pretty brutal all the way home, bunch down to 6, head wind freezing and hosing it down, spent the next 2 hours dreaming of the track!