Chain gang 21/4 6.10 depart

charlie p

Hi guys,

I just recently moved to Quarriers Village after spending a couple of years in the US working. I'm a keen cyclist and I'm looking to find a club to ride with again. I had actually ridden with the Wheelers (can't remember which bunch but remember doing the Largs run a couple of times) on a couple of occasions in the past but that was just before I left for the US so didn't really get to know people. I messaged Alex B earlier today about joining you guys for a ride and he suggested posting a message. Going to pop along for the chaingang on Thursday 6.10pm so look forward to meeting everyone - hopefully the elastic won't break too earlier on!

Cheers

Paul 

Hello Paul,

You have picked a great week for a run!

It's easy enough to join JWCC. I shall pm you a link shortly.

Most members use this method via the British cycling website as soon as you are registered I will see the notification on our club manager page and approve from there. It only takes a few minutes to do.

Membership fees for the year are £30 or Â£15 if you are a student or £5 if you are more mature.

Have a look on the website and here in the Bunch Forum (under the General topic section) for the Welcome pack which has useful information also.

Best regards,

Sans

Hi guys,

I just recently moved to Quarriers Village after spending a couple of years in the US working. I'm a keen cyclist and I'm looking to find a club to ride with again. I had actually ridden with the Wheelers (can't remember which bunch but remember doing the Largs run a couple of times) on a couple of occasions in the past but that was just before I left for the US so didn't really get to know people. I messaged Alex B earlier today about joining you guys for a ride and he suggested posting a message. Going to pop along for the chaingang on Thursday 6.10pm so look forward to meeting everyone - hopefully the elastic won't break too earlier on!

Cheers

Paul

Largs?!?!?

Defiantly not us, never heard of the place!

LA, Lance or Los Angeles??

See you Thursday, I'll share your elastic when mine pops too!!

Hi James,

Well it's one of those ones when you need to think of something random when creating a users name. I was the first person to meet Lance Armstrong back in 2009 when he came to Paisley and rode with a few hundred people so I that LA was good prefix at the time - 'm sure some of you guys may have also been there that day too...Cringie now knowing what we all know but he wasn't the only one on the juice. I'll explain more if we get the opportunity following the elastic popping.

Thanks for the welcome gang and see you all tonight!

Paul

Hey LA - I was there that day too and chased Lance ( and you ? ) down after he and Jim Daly put the pressure on up the Bowfield ( ok , there may have been a slight easing over the top ! ). Yeah , I'm glad to see the peloton is clean now ( Valverde , Contador, high cadence Froome ?). BTW some of these results on the chain gang look suspicious to me - Billy and Charlie have points ?