A serious DA post

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

With the forecast for rain, what clothing are we needing.... Is everyone carrying rain cape? or using full length winter leggings? Da we need any dry clothes for way back on victorious celebrations?

James,

I'm planning on leg warmers, overshoes and rain cape. Probably go for s/s base with arm warmers under club l/s jersey and gilet - rain cape as required. Towel and dry clothes in car for drive up the road (that includes you Mr Gunson!!). May avail myself of the cal mac facilities at Ardrossan for a quick change. Soggy bum on the ferry trip very likely, I fear I shall not be caring at that point. I'm working on the basis the pace will afford me a cooling breeze and accept it might get a little warm on the Lochranza climb.

So long as toes and fingers are warmish I'll be content to get wet.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm a bit DAft when it comes to these things but I tend to go for not a lot of clothing when on a mission. So probably base layer and winter jacket and shorts. No leg warmers on occasions such as this. Rubber velotoze overshoes and gloves. Given the effort required don't think I'll be cold!

:)

• Committee

Not happy, can someone fix the weather please? I like the idea of rough northern classic riding in rain a lot more than actually doing it. Watched the soigneur piece on Giro extra on the telly. The riders have two car bags each with lovely warm dry clothes and up to five pairs of gloves. If only.....