A serious DA post

P McDonald

Gents, an update on the Arran ferry issue. Hopefully all back to normal on Thursday but worth checking. See below...

Due to an ongoing technical issue with MV Isle of Arran, the vessel is still in dry dock in Birkenhead. All MV Isle of Arran's sailings to and including Wednesday 18th May have been cancelled.

The repairs are ongoing, sea trials have been scheduled and we will continue to provide updates as much as possible.

Mon 16th, Tues 17th & Wed 18th May

The following sailings have been cancelled:

Ardrossan to Brodick - 08:20, 11:05, 13:50, 16:40 & 19:20

Brodick to Ardrossan - 07:00, 09:45, 12:30, 15:15, 18:00

MV Caledonian Isles sailings are operating as normal.

We apologise to customers affected by this disruption and are working hard to resolve the issue.

Reason: technical

Last Updated: 16 May 2016 16:43

Oh no a brisk southerly means the big guns will sitting at 30+ mph up the west side of island which made my wee skinny legs go pop last year!

I think working night shift the night before may have contributed! Brisk southerly and double rain blobs on BBC forecast today. (Probably means no wind and bright sunshine on the day...)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well lADs, some things to think about. Wind looking even more suitable now, still showers but less then a DAy or two ago. It changes by the DAy,

On the one hand ADverse weather will make it even more epic,

On the other it will make it challenging and possibly even silly if weather bAD enough,

From what I know the status of the immortality candiDAtes is as below but would really appreciate an update from each

Alex B - mibeez hope you feel better

Jan Ullrich - yip

Robbo McEwan - yip pending anyone setting their house on fire

DArryl - yip

Alan McLean - yip

Andy Gummers - yip

James S - yip

Colin - yip

JuDAs van tool - nope, so prodigal son not reADmitted to the fold just yet

Alan McB - unlikely with knee DAmage

Gregg O - dunno

Mark O - yip

Paul L - please let us know Paul

:)

• Committee

Hoping Paul Leavy will be doing a Jets coaching course and will miss him if he is not on Arran.

Really wanted AlexB and AMcB for max wattage, shame if they can't come.

? comfort stop around Lochranza @ 2 and 5 hours?

Better plan ahead and let everyone know than try to discuss it on a 50kph paceline.

I'll be there but might just do some towing for a single. Hard week in Japan with very little sleep, hit with a virus the day I got back coupled with jet lag has had me on my back since Monday evening. Fingers crossed I'll hang in, but don't think a hanger on is whats required on the day!