Sunday 28th Feb 2016 - Reliability #4 - West Kilbride

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

The fourth and final of the 2016 Reliability rides, West Kilbride, 72 miles, is on Sunday 28th February.  The weather is looking good so lets hope it stays that way!

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street.

As per previous years, there will be three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:15am and the racers leaving at 9:30am.

Bunches closer together than usual so as to get back in time for those going to the track in the evening.

The route http://www.mapmyride...-route-14021498

Shorter options are available, the 9 o'clock bunch may choose to cut a few corners off the route and go out via the Kilmacolm cyclepath and return via Haylie Brae, that would cut the route down to about 52 miles.

Tea, coffee, soup, rolls, cakes will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride, donations of food gratefully accepted, please indicate what you will be bringing in your posting. If you haven't brought any food to the reliabilities this is your last chance this year!  Thanks to those who have contributed previously.

A volunteer please to heat the soup, etc. for this week.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hope to be out too, though do we need a 30 minute gap between groups? Especially with the suggested short cuts. Any chance a 0900 / 0915 / 0945 (or even 0930) could be implemented as some folk doing the track later too? Brownie points and all that.

Alex,

That seems like a good call, I'll amend the original post to have 15 minute intervals and give more recovery time before the track!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Put your specs on! The most, as in the furthest. Since Liege, the furthest I've been is 50 so this will beat that.

Comprende? Xx

I don't own specs. I'm too cool.

I'm enquiring if this is your first foray since you shambled round the Belgian Ardennes.

Anyway. I'll be out.

Richie, I look forward to your latest excuse.

What'll it be this time? Kidnapped by Somalian pirates or a freak hoovering accident? :)

I don't own specs. I'm too cool.

I'm enquiring if this is your first foray since you shambled round the Belgian Ardennes.

Anyway. I'll be out.

Richie, I look forward to your latest excuse.

What'll it be this time? Kidnapped by Somalian pirates or a freak hoovering accident? :)

Richie doesn't do normal cycling. Finished LBL and put his bike away until the next worthy ride (Flanders) comes around. Epic hardman! His excuse might be that this one isn't long enough...

Gerard,

In my experience the bunch have very fussy taste buds, whatever is supplied is hoovered up, especially if homemade!

May I suggest a signature bake?  Glad I am not competing with you this week!

Alternative suggestions, after a chilly ride soup is always welcome, (1 known vegetarian.) filled rolls, sausage rolls, quiche, tray bakes, scones, tablet/rocky road...... Numbers vary depending on the weather but riders only have to bring along contributions to one out of the four reliability rides, so there should be a lot of food this time! Just post up so there is some variety on Sunday.

The club will be open before departure so you don't have to take contributions along for the ride.

Tea and coffee are present but fresh milk will also be needed. There are paper plates etc in the clubroom but limited pots, real knives etc. There is a new stockpot for heating soup, mugs etc which will be in place by Sunday.

J

• 2023 Subscriptions

I've only got a pass out until 11:00, so can't do the route but will open up the Club Rooms between 8:50 and 9:30 so that all the bunches can use the facilities and drop off their contributions to the post ride catering, I plan to do some baking on Saturday and will bring it along.

If anyone wants to do around 20 miles leaving at 9:30, I would welcome the company!