Sunday 28th Feb 2016 - Reliability #4 - West Kilbride

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

As a first timer out with JWCC and a fairly novice cyclist I really enjoyed the run this morning, pace and distance slightly higher than I'm used to but that's what I need under my belt to see an improvement. Big thanks to the bunch today for your encouragement, and understanding that there was a 'newbie' on board!  

Blue skies, stunning views to Arran, no wind and cake at the end! Can't get much better than that.

Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Cheers,

Eric

• Life Members

It's amazing what a little bit of sunshine does to swell the numbers in a bunch :-)

I counted 11 head out this morning with one whole bunch doing the intended route - Alex, David C, Eric (new chap) Graham, Gerard, James, PaulC, Paul Levy, Ritchie, Tom (on his new bike - class) & myself headed off 9.15am.

Like a true reliability run, we had to have a few mishaps - a couple of mechanical, a puncture, someone riding onto a grass verge, dropped lights (that was me by the way) & mangkie mudguards. However, that did not spoil the fun at all, unbroken sunshine, no real wind to speak of & a good size bunch was a what makes a great wee run indeed.

We picked up Len on the way into Largs, then some opted to have a coffee stop at Largs (the evening trackies) while the rest of us carried onto round the coast to fulfil the West Kilbride route, but a wrong turn at Dalry meant we skipped a bit out .... oops :-)

Anyway, manage to rejoin the café bunch while back on the cycle track heading home & made our way back to the clubroom for some hot beverage & Gerard's lovely tart :-)

Thanks for wheels today guys & looking forward to next weeks Don Smith then :-)

Cheers

Chung

No road miles since early December really had me knackered today. Felt like pedalling through treacle. Was only when cleaning the bike I realised that the back brake was jammed against the wheel! No..........really..........it was!!!!!!!! New calipers badly fitted (by me). No wonder my legs are gubbed.

Good to see a good turnout and well done to Eric for bringing the sun with him on his first club run. The new lucky charm?