Bike maintenance

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hoping to use club rooms for some bike maintenance classes for month of October. Dependent on availability of volunteers. Preference would be a Monday evening if club rooms available.

Alan McLean & Billy MacDonald have both offered to help but I know there are plenty of other members with lots of experience who could help so if u could pm me if u can give your time for this that would be great and I will get a course programme together.

Also if someone could confirm club room availability for October that would also be appreciated

For various reasons my life is somewhere North of hectic at the moment so may not be able to help out. However top tip of the day is buy decent tools, those Blackspur jobs out of the local pound shop may leave you in tears when they mangle and distort instead of loosen/tighten. 

For allan keys you can do worse than these - the balled ends are invaluable.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bahco-9770-BE-9770-1-5-10mm/dp/B002SHPOZO/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1442489175&sr=1-1&keywords=bahco+allen+keys

• 2023 Subscriptions

BIKE WORKSHOP SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER

The first workshop will take place within club rooms on Saturday 3 October between 9.30am and 12 noon. Chung has kindly agreed to run this.His thinking is that " basic " is very important. The workshop will cover the following:-

1 Anatomy of the bike and it's parts

2 Basic checks

3 Cleaning your bike

4 fitting mudguards

5 Basic maintenance/ repair of parts eg cassettes chains brake blocks

There will be further workshops in October on a Monday evening covering a myriad of things like adjustment to headset ,bottom bracket ,gear cables ,wheel bearings and a million other things. Will post details soon.

Please post if you are attending.