GG road race

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Massive congrats to Alan who got his first podium spot tonight with a third place. Weather was seriously grim at times but the big man did the business.

For me I abandoned to my severe shame at the half way point in a state of numbness and oot the back o the bunch in the crosswindness.

Colin I don't know, did not see him at all aft the start due to heavy rain and wind, all you could do was concentrate on the wheel in front.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Chapeau. Tough night for it, although i believe the headwind after the dams was just what Alan was hoping for so you can blame him for the weather :D

Must be sitting quite high on the WOSCA standings although i dont think they have been published this year

• Life Members

I just watch the race unfold in the back of the 2nd Comm's car, it was exciting stuff with Alan in the breakaway bunch of 8 half way into the race. With a lead of more than 2 minutes on the bunch, they stayed all the way and Alan took 3rd in the sprint! Fantastic stuff, podium, goody bag & all!

Big thumbs up to Colin & Paul also for their efforts tonight as the conditions were really pi**!

Well done the 3 of youse!

Cheers

Chung

Weather was truly horrible, couldn't stop shaking at the end of the race and even at race HQ, thought I was going to have to get chung to wrap his small frame round me for some body heat I was that cold. But apart from that it was pretty good. I had heard there was probably going to be a break and true enough there was, very early on, I thought I'd missed my chance as they'd opened up a bit of a gap but decided to go for it, no one came with me and I made it across thanks to a strong tail wind. There was now 10/11 of us with a couple not working but the pace set by the nightingale and ivy boys was fast and we soon shelled the drafters. I started to really feel the pace the 2nd time we did the dam climb and by this point hands and feet were totally numb, I started doing some drafting of my own and luckily managed to recover for the sprint which I had decided to go for alot earlier with the idea of getting better than 7th, I managed 3rd and happy with that, must say it was a very well organised event and great circuit, cheers to charlie and Iain for the jwcc road side support and to chung for the in car support and well done Colin and Paul on a tough night, oh and Cheers for reading. 😉

• 3 weeks later...