Saturday 21st March - Langbank Hilly TT #1

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

10:00am Langbank, about 10 miles.

Following on from the Restricted Gear TT, this is the first of 2 Langbank Hillys.

The start is in Langbank, just along from The Wheelhouse restaurant. The course runs up the B789 all the way to the small roundabout in the middle of Houston, where you turn and re-trace most of the way back to Langbank. The end of the course cuts off to the left before the last steep sections and finishes at the entrance to Gleddoch Country Club.

Here is a link to the route: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/650383978

An undulating course, reasonably quiet road for those yet to do their first TT, open to those who intend to join the club or are already a member.

As usual 2 volunteers please for pushing off and timekeeping.  Guidance can be provided for anyone who has not taken on these roles before!

Well done to those who took part, fantastic conditions with a little wind. Thanks Iain Couttie for shoving off the riders and Jann and Iain for the photo shoots.

Times as follows

1. Ian McGinty           27:47
  2. Alan T                    28:47 PB
  3. Paul L                    30:43
  4. Mike Ferguson       31:14
  5. Iain Cowden           31:52
  6. James MacLaren   33.23
  7. Graham F              33:41

Money paid to JWCC Bank £21.00 + £3 for last week

Jane will ensure delivery of change due to AlanT £7, and change due to James MacL £7.

Part #2 next Saturday morning.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done Ian.

Still think you wouldn't have caught me if I hadn't lost an elbow pad though....... ;-)

Thanks to Jane and Iain, and look forward to seeing the photos from Jann and Iain.

Well done to Mr McGinty on a fine win and to Alan T on the PB icon_blue_laugh  Good efforts all round I'd say, on a day when I don't know yet where the wind was coming from!

Many thanks to Jane for timekeeping, Iain Couttie for shovin' aff, Jann and Iain for photos.

Fantastic day to be out on the bike!  With the ride down and back, plus a 44 mile hilly route with Kenny Christie from Langbank, I managed 92+ much needed miles from the house.  By far the furthest this year - here's to more fine weather!!

Iain