2013 Trip

Guest EPCC

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Life Members

Tom,

I meant Friday 14th Sept, I must have been looking at October. Stoooopid!

I get lost even with a calender, what chance do I have on a bloody bike. Can I borrow your Garmin please, Tom? :-?

Cheers

P.S Thats 2 cock-ups in 2 days, excellent! I think I'll stop posting now.

Last year when we went to Sarti's there was very little discussion about the trip - I think only Chung turned up with some stuff printed off.

So, in order to give a little focus to this year's 'discussion' I have made a few notes based what I have heard on the club runs and seen in posts.

1) Type of trip - suggestions so far:

a) Event linked - Milan - San Remo - 300 k - one way trip. How to get back to start.

B) Liege - Bastogne - round trip so no problem with transport back. Rubbish weather?

c) Other events?

d) Sportive in France - big selection. See http://gerrypatt.wordpress.com/2011/07/ ... in-france/ This section includes Phil's Mamotte/Pyranees suggestions.

e) Not event linked - just go somewhere warm and sunny, organise our own runs, no need to get up at the crack of dawn to start a sportive. More relaxing and would appeal maybe to a bigger audience. Different groups can do different distances depending on ability.

Much discussion about Majorca and Puerto de Pollensa. Some members have been there and recommend it. So, as a starting point I have looked up hotels/flights to get some idea of cost.

Jet2 - GLA to Palma Mid may out Monday back Saturday (4 days cycling) £150 plus £60 return for the bike (max 20 kgs)

Easyjet only flies Wed/Saturday. So out Sat back Wed (3 days cycling) = £150 plus £50 for bike.

RyanAir (from Prestwick) - not fares yet fro May but about £170 for this year (as an indicator). Could not find price for bike but I remeber it was £75 for Girona trip?

Hotels - about £30 - 40 per person/per night sharing twin room, half board - see link http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/accomod ... =127973432. Bike storage is a consideration

Palma bike transfer to PdP = £ 37 (approx.) http://www.majorca-airport-transfers.co ... loffer.asp

Other locations possible but some research into getting there with a bike needed.

At least on Friday we should make a decision on :

1) The type of trip (event/no event). Those with a specific event in mind should bring some info on it plus logistics plan/costs etc. If anyone wants to make a PowerPoint presentation - we would need a laptop!!

2) Length of the trip

3) Dates (if no event is the preferred option) - so we can start to look at flights/hotels in more detail.

Those who cannot make the curry night but want to vote/express an opinion should inform someone who is going (the democratic process in action).