2013 Trip

Guest EPCC

Guest EPCC

I know we have just come back but can we start thinking about 2013 i would still llike an event to ride as it will motivate my winter training and would like warm weather so lets start looking at sume suggestions.

Mine would be Majorca and the Duval ? sportive and maybe two in the same week

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

There is brief mention of a Majorca sportive at the end of April in this week's

Cycling.

Not sure if it is the one above. From what I garnered in glancing at it, it is 300km right round the island. Mega hilly start but flatter towards the end.

Duva looks good. Time to start sweet talking the wife. :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

have a look at "mallorca 312" this is held at the end of april from what i can see, it looks a bit more of a challange at 312 km for the main bunch and 167 for the 30 milers! the rout is just around the island the first half being hilly and the second flat.

It was advertised in one of the bike hire shops when i was over a few weeks ago.

iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Might be keen on this. Elaine and I stayed at the Duva Hotel last years and I have done the route of the ride, although I went the other direction. If my memory serves me right, doing it that way means there is a 10mile climb!! Oh ya dancer !

It is certainly a great Island for biking, with some cracking climbs.

I'll keep an eye on the posts, as it really is far too early to be seriously thinking about next April!

Looking good gentlemen.

I'd be up for this and it would lend some impetus to the winter training again. I think I'd like to be able to consider something along the same lines as italy with a couple of "aclimatisation" days and perhaps a day with the feet up afterwards. Obviously this depends on everyone's holidays, finances, availability of rooms, flights etc.

M

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Think I could be up for this. Really enjoyed riding the Mallorcan roads this summer - great climbs and even better descents. This route from a map I got from the Pollensa bike shop looks close to the sportif route -