2013 Trip

Guest EPCC

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2023 Subscriptions

Elaine and I have stayed at the Duva Hotel/Apartments at Puerto Pollensa. We had a double apartment room, but I'm sure you could get twin or second bed.

The deal we got was for all inclusive, so eat as much as you like (or can :lol: ), which is great for a training/cycling week.

There is a good big locked garage with lockable cages for bikes (from memory there were around 8 cages and I reckon each would hold 15-20 bikes).

I would consider it a nice place, although not super flash. I has an outdoor and indoor pool, tennis courts across the road, a gym, sauna etc..

It is on the road to Pollensa and it's only slight draw back is it is a good 10-15mins walk out of the centre, but we didn't find that an issue at all.

If I, or we, do come on this trip, it is likely to be reasonably last minute and we will probably go back to here, as it certainly met all of our needs.

Only other place I have been in Puerto Pollensa is a private villa that slept 10.

There are a couple of "sports" resorts on the Alcudia road. Don't know anything about them, apart from they were far more expensive that the Duva!

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

I would say that the town of Puerto Pollensa (not the town of Pollensa) is the place to stay. It has at least one good bike shop for spares, repairs and hire if needed. Easy access to the mountains, as well as the flatlands (essential if it is raining, as the limechip mountain roads are really dangerous in the wet). It is away from places like shagaluf etc. Has reasonable beaches and watersports. Has a good variety of resaurants.

Alcudia is only a few KMs down the coast and is ok, but starts to get a bit more resort orientated and built up, with more nightclubs and bars. Not really my sort of place, but might suit others.

In my view, the only slight disadvantage of PP is that it is at the far end of the island from the airport at Palma. It's about an hour away, so not that bad and really worth it. We have either hired a car (big enough to fit a bike box in) or been transferred on a bus (which charge 10 euros for bikes).

When we were at the Duva there were only a few other cycling types. The rest were generally of a somewhat unsporting physique!

I have a guide book of cycling on the island and all the rides start in PP. On a busy day the roads over there can be absolutely full of cyclists, but a great to ride. There is even a few "club runs" that go from the front at PP, if some you want a change of scenery or company (I met a few of the Nightinggale there the first time I was out).

In terms of the villa - no, cant remember prices. My sister and her husband organised it and it was about 5 years ago.

R

Seems to be a good range of villas

http://www.puertopollensa.com/rentals/s ... %2F05%2F13

http://www.villaspollensa.com/en/ourvillas.htm

Some sleep 10/12/14 and the prices for a minimum booking of 1 week is about £185 to £240 per person.

A few have a pool as well and some only half a km from the beach.

Flights easy jet depart April 20 return 27 140 including bike prices go up and rise every week after

So can we get a decision and show of hands for April 20 returning either Sat 27 or Wed 24th

I am planning a week

• 2024 Subscriptions
Flights easy jet depart April 20 return 27 140 including bike prices go up and rise every week after

So can we get a decision and show of hands for April 20 returning either Sat 27 or Wed 24th

I am planning a week

I'm afraid this is too early for me to get the time off work. I'm ok for long weekends a la Flanders, but anything longer has to be May, for me.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, but I don't think I'll be joining you this time.