JWCC Barmill RR

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Dear all

It's the annual call for help to run the Barmill RR on 9th April. Marshalls, drivers etc required from about 9.15am to 1pm. If you've ever fancied driving a lead car, being a marshall, finish line judge etc then please post here if you can help.

Club members can ride once we have the required number of marshalls (4 minimum) and a lead car (1 minimum but an extra for another group would be good)

Thanks

See copy of post I put on Braveheart below

Guys

Get your shades and sunscreen out, it's the Barmill TLI where the temp is never below 70 degrees.

Anyway, I have to change the date of the race this year and have found a slot in the calendar that doesn't clash with road races and seems to fill a hole.

Sat 9th April

10am, Barmill Community Hall

APR style Road Race, 56 miles

£7 members or £10 on the day.

I will apply for field of 80 riders. First come, first serve.

email me at [email protected].

PMcD

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry Paul, I've got a wedding that day, so can't ride or marshal!

It should mean that Elaine's cousin should have a good day for her wedding though, as it's always sunny at the Barmill APR! :grin:

Cheers,

R

• Life Members

Hello Mr. Whitehead,

How have you been? Haven' t seen you in ages.

Are you still riding your bike? Any chance seeing you out in the bunch in the near future?

Will be good to see you out, mate!

Cheers

Chung

Paul,

I am assuming that this is a good place for those who have not raced before to "give it a go" without taking up a valuable place at the expense of more seasoned racers??

If so I would like to ride but if you are pushed for volunteers am also happy to marshall.

Cheers,

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

Thanks for all the replies. Here is where I am at,

Marshalls (a big thank you). Would any of you like to volunteer for lead car - this is one position I need to fill as per risk assessment.

Marco Van W

Mike F

Richard (Kenny - you need to give this man a lift if you want to ride!)

Ian McG

Jim D

Places reserved for riders (as you know contingent on all marshalls being able to attend)

Darryl

Kenny

Davie B

Dave T

Billy Mac

Charlie

I have 69 entries in 4 days including the 6 riders listed above which is excellent.

Great to see so many club members wanting to ride - please be prepared to undertake duties on the day such as organising grub, finish line judges, sign on duties, admin at sign on, cash collection etc. I will pester you all at Flanders for allocated duties. I will take care of hall, start sheet, communications, groupings etc.

I have listed the 69 entries to date on Braveheart if you want to see the opposition and rough groupings

Oh ya dancer !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

Thanks for your help on Saturday morning. Shaping up to be a good one. I have allocated nominal duties as below. If those intending to ride can be at Barmill Hall for 9am then I can brief you on full details and get you signed on. For those intending to marshall 9.30am will be fine. Any expenses will be reimbursed.

RIDERS

Davie B – Supply of grub – scones, pasties, biccies etc from Tesco plus tea, coffee, milk and diluting orange / jug.

Charlie / Billy – entry form and cash collection (you'se must be trustworthy!) Key items are everyone must fill out entry form with emergency contact details (many will have one with them) and must sign start sheet.

Dave T & Kenny C – Bring Richard for marshall duties! Then administration of sign on sheet and distribution of race numbers.

MARSHALLS

Jim D – Lead car

Mike F – Corner 1

Mark O – Corner 2

Greg B – Corner 3

Richard M – Corner 4

Ian McG and Seb – Spare corner marshalls who can ride round and relieve those on corners to go for a spin of their own. Then be at finish line for recording finish positions with Mark W

Mark W – Starter for the groups ensuring the time gaps are correct. Finish line judge (Dictaphone, pencils and bits of paper etc to utilise whoever is there). Whilst race in progress free to ride round and say hello to corner marshalls etc.

I will have all necessary bibs, flags, finish line paint etc

Oh ya dancer !