Double Arran

P McDonald

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

I was on Arran Ferry yesterday and the 0945 was absolutely packed meaning cyclists had to wait for a while for cars to disembark. I enquired about the 0700 and guy says its the same and in response to "we're running a special DA event, can you let us off before the cars?" he laughed very much and walked away. Anyway worth a try but worth being mindful of on Saturday especially when planning our initial efforts into the hill. I'm not mad keen on another 480w start

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good luck guys, when we did the single last year (the day myself & Alex recorded the 2nd fastest time ever) I found the climb from the ferry the hardest bit- I was begging Paul & Robbie to ease up by blinking "help me" at them as I was so far in the red I couldn't speak.

So just don't destroy yourselves by blasting off too early. Good luck & I hope you smash it. If you need any inspiration, just remember you are following in the wheel tracks of The Bison!

• 2023 Subscriptions

lADs, it's commit time. I have 2 young domestique/podium girls ready to ride up to the bench stash point and take our bags and save us 45 secs or so. They will then be doing a single at own pace :)

Anyway the weather looks like 15c from early doors with a light south/south westerly wind. Near perfect really for average speed.

So I will if you will.

Ohyadancer!

• Members

guys what time you planning to head off on Saturday. I am no where near the level of you fast boys but never been on Arran and may do a round the island jolly and catch up back at Ferry. I am sure my one loop will be the same time as your two loops. Happy to drive as well if needed