17th April – Whole Club Run to Sheila's Diner

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hope to be out, if i am will meet at the bridge.

What sort of speed do you think you'll be doing? A bit apprehensive of holding anyone up.

The corresponding club run last year had an average of about 18mph for 100 miles. There are long flat sections so can make good progress in a group.

A lot depends on what sort of miles you do and at what average speed to judge whether you will feel comfortable or not but you can always try it and see -  if you are finding it difficult then there are bail out options in Helensburgh (either train back or go up sinclair street or retrace the route so far) and again at Faslane where you can go over Glen Fruin and head back from there. 

If you are still apprehensive then Graham and Gerrards alternative route is a bit shorter, will be at intermediate pace and is a cracking ride too.

Hope to be out, if i am will meet at the bridge.

The corresponding club run last year had an average of about 18mph for 100 miles. There are long flat sections so can make good progress in a group.

A lot depends on what sort of miles you do and at what average speed to judge whether you will feel comfortable or not but you can always try it and see -  if you are finding it difficult then there are bail out options in Helensburgh (either train back or go up sinclair street or retrace the route so far) and again at Faslane where you can go over Glen Fruin and head back from there. 

If you are still apprehensive then Graham and Gerrards alternative route is a bit shorter, will be at intermediate pace and is a cracking ride too.

Andrew

On the flats 18 mph on the climbs 8 mph

Thanks both.

18mph sounds about right for me (famous last words) but I've been a bit short of miles the last couple of weeks, however the bail out options are reassuring. I'll have a think and let you know which group I'm heading with.

Thanks again for the info, really appreciated.

Hi to those feeling less ambitious this weekend. I plan to drive to the 12.00 ferry and then cycle to Sheila's Diner to see everyone for lunch then tootle along to Benmore gardens and back to the ferry. Company welcome. Morna and Sandra are showing interest.

Jane

• 2023 Subscriptions

Andy

Graham is leaving Kilmacolm at 0800h, check his post.  I am meeting him at the bottom of the Clune at 0815h and we intend getting the 0900h ferry.  Do post so we know if and where you intend joining us as you are most welcome.  Normal pace allows plenty of blether on the steady sections so you will be fine.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I was going to go to clubhouse, but given I'd be heading from Houston just to head back through, I'll go with Paul's suggestion and get him at the bus stop at 0840. You ok with this Paul?

Yip, I was thinking same, why go detour to clubrooms when everyone going to bridge,

PMcD

AD2016