New Bogs thread for new year

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

At last a dry day, incredible. Forecast was badly wrong saying dry from 9am so I headed off toward Bishopton in my car as it was to clear from North. Eventually rule 5 kicked in and I got out into the rain at BOW. Met bunch of 3 including Andy who applied rule 5 from W Kilbride (respect).great run to Largs where we got Richie then Jim and Linsey. Andy understandably got off the train at W Kilbride. Barrhead road was a hard grind into the wind as opposed to an attacking habble.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Excellent bogs bunch yesterday. We singled up after wymss bay and Paul and Lewis put the hammer down. Average speed to Largs was 41k and average peed between the 30 and 40 was 47k. I thought my head was going to fall off. I was never so grateful I'd cycled up from west Kilbride so I could go home and roll up in a corner

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well joansin boys u missed a cracking day in saddle. 10 of us out today. 9 couriers and me. Strong headwind to largs. I took the. 30 only cos no one else challenged me cos of conditions. Met Mcginty bill and Ian cowden at largs stop. After largs tough ride to ardrossan again into wind. A few riders fell by the wayside leaving me Jim cusick Lewis Ritchie and Lindsay . By this time I had given up going thru and just hung on till just after barmill turnoff when Lindsay and I lost the wheel but to our credit kept the. 3 guys in sight till I turned off at Lugton . Very slow ride home as my thighs were burning. Brilliant day

• 2023 Subscriptions

interesting run for me today,winter wheel was broken so used summer wheel, the only downside was i only had 2 gears, both chainrings at the front and small cog at the back, i managed to largs then took the short cut up the healy.It is the slowest ascent i have done, managed at an average cadence of 30 to 40 i did have to stand up.

Thanks to those that were understanding and let me take short turns at the front.My only saving grace was that i didnt have to ride the front with paul.

Hope to be out tomorrow

iain

• 2023 Subscriptions

Brilliant bogs bunch today. But before that, man of the match with an outstanding effort was Mr Couttie. There was a compact bunch of 6 riding high cruise to Largs, singled out from Inverkip. And Iain did it either on 50-13 or 36-13 !? Might have a big physio bill now.

So 5 continued in high cruise to Kilwinning where law of nature kicked in and high cruise became slightly higher cruise. Kept together on to Barrhead road where the traditional flogging just seemed to creep in.

Chapeau to our own Andy, big Greg, Andy Mullen and John Craig for a splendid day.

But most of all it was DRY. Alleluia. Bring on the spring.

• 2023 Subscriptions

One mile from lugton I finally busted just sitting behind Paul and John Craig. Clocking 45kph on Strava. Empty now but brilliant day! Chapeau to Iain Couttie the way he battled with that bike today was awesome and doing long spells

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

5 up TT from Bishopton to Lugton today into some stiff winds and rain. I think this will go in the file entitled 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ( for Arran)'

Real good blast along the coast. I intended to hold back as there is a rare opportunity for a weekend track session tomorrow, but that thought was binned quite early.

Chapeau Andy, Charlie, Lewis and Greg.

On my way home I broke a spoke in my rear ksyrium :( and rode home with a very wobbly back wheel.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Aye 50 miles into wind. Bunch of 5 singled up all the way. Climb out of Kilwinning no head wind and decent pace. Top of climb turned at Auchentiber then first big attack goes off. Next climb next attack goes off. Bunch all over the place by that stage. Much suffering, much fun and much learning.

Andy