New Bogs thread for new year

P McDonald

Richard I should have heeded your sage advice and stayed in bed.

Sore neck, sore hip and rear wheel practically rubbing against frame meant my usual doomed attempt to hing onto Lugton ended early.

Instead an extremely timid effort from Kilwinning followed by an examination of my rear wheel where I discovered two of my spokes had been replaced with lengths of Kraft's string cheese.

Billy, no chance of test on Tuesday - I'll settle for being able to walk without pain.

Happy Days!

Hope everybody got home safe.

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry to hear Davie, you seemed fine till the killer kilwinning drag.

Anyway davie and i made our way very cautiously into renfrew via Lochwinnoch Howwood back road which was very icy. Weather after Largs was great, unfortunately everyone well numb by then due to 20 mins sleet and rain at Bishopton.

Good bunch of about 15 and we kept it rolling really from the get go. I lost my 100% at the Largs 30 this winter but at least it wasn't Judy.

Turned on Strava for first time in yonks and got 2nd up the Kilwinning drag, didn't know the segment but I just happened to start habble raising before the finish line so was off the front !

Anyway normal thrash up the barrhead road with big Lewis putting in a blinder to stay clear after burnhouse to Barrhead.

Colin and Andy present and correct at Lugton turn off point.

Happy days

• 2023 Subscriptions

Lewis was never caught. Awesome solo effort. I took my foot off the gas at lugton and lost Andy's wheel. Caught up with the rest if the bunch in Barrhead. Really enjoyable bunch yesterday (once the hail, wind and rain went away). I was properly cooked by the time I got back to Glasgow.

Andy

Maybe for me as physio has basically told me I'm a weakling with no core, people said it would hurt but didn't know it would be emotionally :)

Will play it by ear and probably decide on Saturday morning. Common sense would probably suggest a shorter, sharper turbo might actually do me more good right now but I do like to get out on the road.

Will see.

D

I'm packing the bike in & starting a sit up club.

I'm sure I have a six pack in there........somewhere.

No bike for me for a bit-knee ligaments still gubbed.

Hologram.

Indeed it is.

When Rocky took off my thigh went one way & my lower leg went the other.

Biscuit therapy is helping but when I stand up my knee makes a disturbing crackling noise.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well it was another belter with the pace high from Bishopton. Certainly the livliest this winetr. Taking into account the weather getting very grim and various bodies going to track on Sunday we decided on a W Kilbride route.

Andy, Alan, Lewis, Sarah, Colin, Darryl, loads of JWCC connections

Billy, don't let yourself descend into the hologram book of excuses, you have started down the slippy slope,

My intention was to take it easier today with track tomorrow but it was just too much fun zipping along and the lure of the Largs 30 was too much with a few bodies up for it and it was worth the effort to sneak through the wheels and nip it.

So tank duly emptied, just need a refill for tomorrow.

Live for today I say.

:)