RELIABILITY 1 TOUR OF RENFREW SHIRE 5TH FEB

Guest EPCC

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm the 0945 bunch took the same route as they flew passed me on my slow trudge along the Old Greenock Road coming out of Bishopton. My legs chucked it after turning on to the A78 and I was dropped like a lead balloon :-?:-?:-?

Bailed out at the Red Smiddy and got myself back in to Renfrew to the call of a nice warm bath.

As my school reports always said must do better !!!!!!!

Jody

Officially the longest puncture in history no less. Still, a good run today and with the Peacock express at the front the pace was high along the West Ferry 30 mph at times and i don't remembering it dropping much below 25 for the most part. A good effort all round, mes amis. I think we were all pretty much done in by the time we got to Houstoun, I know I was.

Get to do it all over again next week Oh ya dancer !

M

• 2024 Subscriptions

Good ride today. I think we called it right with the alternative route. Even though flat, it was still a good workout. There's a reason why the Dooley's boys do that route every week: at speed it's hard :grin:

Big thanks to Andy for the soup.

See you all next week.

cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan

9.45 bunch became 10.00 am bunch as I had a mechanical on way in. needed to steal mcginty's back wheel. Ta Ian. agree with Daryl good call on change of route as it was very icy out there. once we got going after greg's puncture we shifted a long at a cracking pace. the only down side was that the svelte Billy mac was looking strong but hey it was a flat route

Oh yeah, meant to say..................

Not a bit of ice at that time either.

Are you sure you guys are not just getting too used to flat roads???????

Memories of days gone by with snow banks at either side of the road at the "wall" are still fresh :!:

Perhaps someone should contact the Nove organisers and advise them that if snow is evident atop their big mountains alternative flat routes should be avaliable for those in blue and yellow :lol:

Falling off is all part of the experience and how do you expect to learn to tuck and roll if you never expose yourself to the risk???????

Seriously though, has any thought been put into having more pink in the Wheelers on Tour top for the Nove??? :grin::lol::-P;-):icon_yesicon_rolling_smileicon_blue_laugh

• 2023 Subscriptions

Are you sure you guys are not just getting too used to flat roads???????

:grin::grin: I never said a word. ;-)

Sorry I missed it. Spent the morning on the malletsheugh / moscow circuit today while the youths were out on their run. Some ice and a few polar bears, but spotted Ian Cowden, plenty of Kooriers and quite a few other bods braving the elements.

Route change was made after consult with the boys from that neck of the woods

It was a pity not to have those wee lumps

Couple of lessons Learnd today are i am not light enough or fast enough yet need to work harder

Great fun and good pace from the roundabout through Greenock and home

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing and wish I'd went out now, had a gutful of a cold and windy coast road yesterday though. Turbo'd this afternoon for penance after "fun" foray to IKEA and Dobbies - don't know which was worse :-?

Would have thought the decision to change route was the right one at the time as even some treated roads had some dodgy sections in the morning.

Billy - you need to give yourself a break no' work harder - there are only 7 days in the week.

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

classic picture of Mike Hello, beer !!

glad someone tested the route, although the flatlanders did 85k (at increasing speed :grin: )

good to get out, will miss next week, hoping for slippy conditions as I will be sur la piste Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Cheers duncan

ps. soup excellent, plenty left in fridge for next week, although a pot would be helpful as the microwave heats at a glacial pace. That may be a bit of a misnomer.

pps. some grumbling from softies looking for sugar in their tea. Bring some next week if you want it

ppps. Reliabilities are a favourite part of the cycling year for me, Spring must be on the way, surely. :icon_redbounce

LOchwinnoch was like an icerink this morning. Had to walk down to the main street and then cycle up the main road to Johnstone!!

Excellent run today and especially enjoyed the chain gang blast on the Westferry organised by Alan in our bid to stay ahead of the fast bunch!!