Reliability #1 - Sunday 6th February Tour of Renfrewshire

KennyS

Enjoyable outing today with a couple of lessons learned first one pay attention as I was sleeping when we came together and missed the group moving off .which may it a hard ride back an two Charlie will claim any victory even when you suffer a double puncture within the last kilometres

Wait till next week ill be back

:eurekaicon_rolling_smileWell, SOMEbody got screwed !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thought I'd mention that today was the largest and fastest "all JWCC" bunch I have had the pleasure to be part of in 20 years. Was really encouraging to see so many riders giving it dokey up and down the Westferry, even when they knew the clune and wall were coming next :shock:

Fantastic stuff, roll on Flanders

Also, suggestion for next week is that the 9.45 group give it full gas for the last 20 miles instead of the first 20 miles which should be much better to keep the big group together and let everyone 'get it all out'

Can I also suggest we chip in to get JD an alarm clock :grin:

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• Members
Enjoyable outing today with a couple of lessons learned first one pay attention as I was sleeping when we came together and missed the group moving off .which may it a hard ride back...

I was dozing, too, although to be honest, there was very little left in the tank at that point. However - much to my surprise - I'll be back for the 9:45 group next Sunday. I'd like it very much if some of my muckers from the 9:30 group would join us (you know who you are, folks. :grin: ) Easier for everyone in a big bunch, and you're much better equipped to hang on than me.

Thanks to Mary for the brilliant soup and Elaine for her delicious cakes, which I was still tucking into as I got back to Glasgow. (I'd have taken the soup in my back pocket, too, if only it were possible.) :-P

• 2024 Subscriptions
Thought I'd mention that today was the largest and fastest "all JWCC" bunch I have had the pleasure to be part of in 20 years. Was really encouraging to see so many riders giving it dokey up and down the Westferry, even when they knew the clune and wall were coming next :shock:

Fantastic stuff, roll on Flanders

Also, suggestion for next week is that the 9.45 group give it full gas for the last 20 miles instead of the first 20 miles which should be much better to keep the big group together and let everyone 'get it all out'

Can I also suggest we chip in to get JD an alarm clock :grin:

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

+ 1 8-)

Cracking day, but hard. Great to see so many out, and in club kit too. Felt quite out of place in my grey jacket.

Paul is right I think. Best keep a lid on it next week until the last 15 - 20 miles.

Roll on next Sunday :grin:

ian

It was a great pull along the west ferry - you looked like a cyclist, while I looked like a fish out of water chewing the handlebars.

As for that young mullholigan!!! just goes to show what an extra 30 odd years and about 10 stone will do to you.

not going to make next weeks run - see you all in two weeks.

• Members

Thoroughly enjoyed my morning out yesterday apart from 2 punctures :rockets

Good blend of young and old , experienced and inexperienced in first group.

Rider of the day was without doubt Lewis , his audacious attack on Clune was a joy to behold .

Only down side was lack of keys at end of event ( hope someone had good sense to take a pic of the peloton standing outside clubrooms at end) , I,m sure this will be rectified next week.

Huge thanks to all who contributed food etc ( especially designer club cakes)

see you all in 4 weeks at Don Smith event

Kenny MacD