Reliability #1 - Sunday 6th February Tour of Renfrewshire

KennyS

The first of the 2011 Reliability rides

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street

As per previous years, there will be two or three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the wannabe racers leaving at 9:45am.

Tea, coffee, soup and sandwiches will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride. All donations of soup, sandwiches, etc... gratefully accepted

The route http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... /765327518

Hi folks,

What with being a club newbie and all (and one who is still waiting for work to allow me to make my club run debut!)....am I right in thinking the reliability runs increase with distance at each one?

Had a look at previous posts and I gather that regardless of the distance, there will still be the groups of different speeds?

Are they well attended? i.e...will I find myself in the slowest group on my own? Thought I'd start off there to see where I fit in.

Hopefully make the 2nd one as thanks to the Old Firm game, I'll be working on my day off for the first run on Feb 6th :angryfire

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richie,

Looking forward to seeing you out on a club run.

You are right, the reliabilities do increase with distance each week. There are always three groups going out, who always do the full distance, but the difference between them is the pace. The 9am group is generally a fairly "relaxed" pace (normal "30 milers" pace), the 9.30 group is a bit more steady (normal bunch run pace) and the 9.45/10am group is close to race pace.

The groups will stick together and go at a suitable pace for all in the group. The gaps generally allow the groups to merge towards the end, so that everyone can be back at the clubhouse for soup and a chat.

If the weather is ok, then there are usually quite a few in both the 9am and 9.30 groups, with perhaps only 3-5 in the 9.45/10am group.

As a general reminder to all, if you have any aspirations of going fast, don't join the 9.30 group and try to push them harder than a normal club run pace (as has happened the last few years), but come out with the 9.45/10am group and have a deliberately fast run. You know who you are! :rockets

I'm not going to make the first one, but should be there for the other three.

Cheers,

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jamie Olivers required!

Practical interview this Sunday, following the reliability.

Can we have a volunteer for a soup maker and some sandwich suppliers please? On the basis of last Sunday, we should be looking for at least 30 bodies out on the road this week,

Hands up!

• 2023 Subscriptions
Elaine resents the hands up bit and she has agreed to make around 60 cupcakes with her good hand if that's enough

Greig

Ok then, hand up!

Thanks to Elaine for the cakes - that should ensure a good turnout and a high pace back to the clubrooms.

Any other volunteers?

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Mary

Normally the club rooms are opened up before the first run so people can leave posts of soup and so on there.

Won't be able to make it along this week myself, so do we have a volunteer key-holder to open up?

M

PS when are you going to get your own ID on the bunch? I was reading your post and trying to work out how Ian had avoided going up the Clune in all these years.... :lol:

• 2023 Subscriptions
Don't know how you go about it and keep forgetting to ask....please tell me it relies on votes like the BAFTAs!

M

It's dead easy to do, but if your computer is like mine then it's always logged in to the bunch and you won't see the link to register.

There's a link at the top of the page that says 'Logout'. Click on this and you will then see, again at the top, a link that says 'Register'. Click on this and follow the instructions there.

Cheers

M