Sunday 9th Jan - Long coast run

DavieB

With the plan of getting in some long, flat, steady miles early on is anybody up for a longer coast run on Sunday.

Suggest usual Largs route via Bishopton then carrying on down the coast to Stevenson / Kilwinning and then maybe some back roads back to club room.

Obviously plenty of bale out options.

Pace steady.

Davie

• Life Members

Hi Kenny,

Sorry I seem to have startled you when I shouted at you on the main road near Dumbarton while I was in my car.

Did you have a good run? The rain was coming down while we were in Luss and getting worse as we headed off.

Cheers

Chung

Hi Kenny,

Sorry I seem to have startled you when I shouted at you on the main road near Dumbarton while I was in my car.

Did you have a good run? The rain was coming down while we were in Luss and getting worse as we headed off.

Cheers

Chung

Aye the weather could have been better! Cold, wet, windy fairly miserable to be fair. :grin:

More miles in the bank though.

(p.s. Thanks David for not knocking it into me all the way round :)

Richard - good to see you are recovered and back on the bike again even though you can't make it Sunday.

Mark - assuming I can go the next 3 days without coming down with open plan office syndrome I will meet you on the track at 08:40 on Sunday to get to the club rooms for 09:15.

Will also need to keep an eye on the weather as some forecasts indicate sustained snow for Friday / Saturday, will keep all posted.

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

On the assumption I have any lungs left after so much coughing in the last month, I'll join you guys for a spin. Longest I've done on a bike in 6 or 8 weeks is 2hours on the crosser on boxing day, so I might need to leave you at Largs.

R

• Life Members

Hi all,

Not sure what the snow on the roads in Renfrewshire and coast like, does anyone have an update?

Out here in Mearns, snow is quite heavy and beginning to fall again.

I will drive down to clubroom if I come out tomorrow anyway, just wondered what the situation is like thats all.

Hope it will be fine for tomorrow and please keep us up to date if possible.

Any alternative plans if weather gets worst?

Cheers

Chung

Chung,

Following this mornings discussions we reckon there will still be people meeting at clubrooms at 09:15 tomorrow and the way the weather is looking, overcast and rainy just now in Ayrshire we would anticipate the main roads to be clear.

Mark - I will get in touch with you in the morning re. travel arrangements as if it rains tonight I may be willing to give the track an early morning try out to see if the snow is cleared.

Dave