Sunday 13th May In Charlie's absence

• Members

Thinking Kilkreggan for Sunday. Bridge, Sinclair Street, Glen Fruin, MOD road to Kilkreggan, then back via Helensburgh. 09:30-09:45 Bridge.

Or Alternative is down to Kilkreggan, back up MOD road to green kettle tea rooms, round Loch long and up and over Gken  Douglas. I'll go with majority decision

• Life Members

Iain & David,

May I suggest 9.45am rather than 9.30 at Bridge to allow the 9am folks starting at the clubroom!

Also, Iain, can I suggest a slight revised on the route and avoid the Glen Douglas (as good a climb as it is) as the bit on the A82 between Luss & Balloch is just plain awful to cycle on :-( 

We can go through Helensburgh then pass Rhu & round to Kilcreggan, then on the way back, we can go up Glen Fruinn then down to Arden roundabout for Balloch. This would make a loop rather than returning via Cardross A814 which again is not the best road to cycle on at that time of day.

Anyway, regardless of route & start time, I should be out for this one!

See youse & hope the weather behaves!

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members
20 hours ago, stevie said:

I might be a little time constrained Sunday - whats the expected mileage? 

Stevie, just bail at Helensburgh if you’re push for time! Head up to Sinclair st then Balloch or up to Glen Fruinn for some “un-finish” business ;-)

cheers

Chung