A non DA post

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Trust Mr spreADsheet to make it more complicated with optional extras and detours!

I reckon it's my birthDAy so I can set at least one ground rule.

And that is we get the 0700 ferry and do one lap in the time honoured tradition of 20mph and able to board 1105 ferry if we want to. That is what qualifies for the SA. Simple rules, unlike the ThursDAy night chain gang proposal :)

Having said that, participants are free to ride down, drive down, fly down like J Esus, do extra over there, do sprint intervals afterwards etc.

I am thinking I will park at DAlry 0610 for 0615 depart with a wee 30 min ride over to ferry to warm up. Upon return to Ardrossan there is option to ride along coast and over Fairlie moor to DAlry or straight over hill to DAlry,

Iain, I only jest your suggestion is of course very welcome.

I have one other - why not just go for the DA (also a jest)

I think I'll drive, but rather than hang about for the 1105 ferry (as we'll be miles ahead if schedule!) I like the plan of getting some climbing in whilst we're there if Iain and Alan (and hopefully others) are up for it. If next ferry is 1355(?) we should certainly have time to grab something to eat.

• 2023 Subscriptions

If the weather is decent then how about going over the Ross and the String - Extra 30 miles, another 900m of climbing and ferry back at 1.55 . Time be a bit tight for a cafe stop, but could stop at the co-op in Lamlash to get some food and refill the bottles

After winding up Jan and his spreADsheet last night I now eat humble pie - this is an excellent suggestion and I should be up for it !! :)

But can we have a sprint at Lamlash and Blackwaterfoot, a KOM on the climb from Lochranza, 3.5 points if you do a spell longer than 45 secs ................

• 2023 Subscriptions

Looks like we have

Alan 1

Alan 2

J Esus

Alex

AnDy

Charlie

Jan

Me

Excellent, thanks guys, looks like being a memorable way to spend 50th. Please feel free to ask others - think I'll let Gregg know for example.

It's looking very promising for the ultimate double in May :)

Ian and Colin can't make it now which is a shame, I'm sure they will return for the double.

• Committee

Right, this is getting silly. To help Paul here's a list of four to six letter words beginning with DA (which were absolutely not lifted from a Scrabble site)

5 Letter words that start with da

4 Letter words that start with da