A non DA post

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Team DA

I just wondered if the weather was ok next Saturday 9th April if anyone might be up for a cheeky wee SA as part of the structured preparation for the mighty DA.

As it happens I am five-o that day and I could not think of anything in the world I would rather do. Ferry fares on me !

Meantime, keep the faith, 56+56, dream it, believe it, achieve it.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is shaping up to be the best SA, ever.

With this fine body of men I'm thinking we should do it even if the weather is not ideal, the hard DAys are the best DAys :)

0700 ferry Iain, return 1105 back in Ardrossan at noon. And I have no doubt this team will cruise it. Just think of it as reconnaissance for the big one.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Unfortunately it is 0700 or 0945. The classic challenge is always the 0700 !

I might be up for ride down which is 0550 depart lochwinnoch which is pretty early at this time of year.

Sensibly I am thinking drive down, or even drive to DAlry and ride over to ferry for a warm up.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I noticed when out on the turbo doing a brutal 2 hour sufferfest at 0430 this morning* that it was still very DArk at 0550.

So reckon at least a drive to DAlry.

* disclaimer - I find it difficult to distinguish dream from reality sometimes

• 2023 Subscriptions

Would be up for cycling down if possible, would 8.00 ferry be possible? If not guess I'd need to cadge a lift or take the car, would prefer the extra miles as Sunday nearly killed me and Spain has alot more miles/climbing in store for us.

If the weather is decent then how about going over the Ross and the String - Extra 30 miles, another 900m of climbing and ferry back at 1.55 . Time be a bit tight for a cafe stop, but could stop at the co-op in Lamlash to get some food and refill the bottles