Renfrew Winter Bunch

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

well that was tough... was struggling big time going into Ardrossan then off the back going out of Kilwinning followed by cramping most of the way along the road to Barrhead.  Been doing plenty of short sharp intervals and track racing but its no substitute for miles in the legs.

• Committee

there is always one rider in the bunch who is clearly going to ping first. If you don't know who it is then it's you.

I  could not work out who it was until West Kilbride drag.

Big hit of schadenfraude as I was joined by Andy and Matti and we kept up pretence of chasing until Kilwinning, then bailed out and took the Jameston Moss road to Barrmill.

Chapeau to Matti who rode the 75 miles a couple of days after his 15th birthday. Good thing too, a 14 year old would have found it quite hard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

tough day, was running late so had to chase the bunch through bishopton, fortunately the traffic lights were red. Largs was cold wet and miserable think we stopped a bit long really hard to get going again. Made it over the Kilwinning drag, then my legs went after joining the Barrhead road and going up the tiniest of uphill bits then i was on my own the rest of the way.