Renfrew Winter Bunch

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fixed front mech all ready for tomorrow, 5 minute test ride to make sure gears are working and now it seems my bb is gone. Just one problem after another this winter!

If i can borrow my dads bike i'll be out, bit tight for time though so will join those heading back the Haylie

Well that was a sore one ! the bunch had dwindled to six by the time we got to the west kilbride drag. I was feeling ok at that point but should have sat in a bit more at ardrossan as the wind was getting up and I eventually got popped at the next drag at Burnhouse so sat up and solod it back to Barrhead.  Nowhere to hide in a small group of six and with taking regular spells it was always goin to be hard into the wind. Still managed to keep training on target. Good to see lots of wheelers out. Couldn't see Arran through the mist much to Pauls disappointment !

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think it was 7 of us left Largs and continued the through and off at a slightly steadier pace which continued to Stevenson. At that point I sat in for 5 mins before the cote de drag, shouldn't have bothered, I got pumped anyway. Last saw Colin cresting said drag ensconced in the compact wee gruppo.

A thoroughly brilliant DAy, the strava segments were faster again than 2 weeks ago from Inverkip to Largs.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyed the wheelabout down to Largs (particularly knowing i was going back the Haylie so didnt have to worry about having anything left in the tank for later!)

After that some great views over the reservoirs to the hills. Then the 30 sign featured Charlie doing a 'Zabel'  ;)

zabel_bettiniphoto_0001442_1_full_600.jp

• 2023 Subscriptions

Left house without my helmet. Ta Alex for pointing small matter out. Ta to missus for meeting us on Georgetown rd with said helmet. In bishop ton bike failure small chain only. Cadence never been so high on west ferry tried to fix at lights in Greenock failed but ta to Greg O malleyfor helping me and towing me back. Hard enough hanging on to Greg when have big ring but in small ring my rpm was off the scale. Ta also to Paul McD who waited for us further up road.Lost bunch at Gourock just not enough speed in wee chain. Solo to Largs and joined Darryl Andy Ian & Alex for coffee then pleasant ride up Haylie. Weather was great but my bike maintenance is shocking.