Sunday 5th October - Hill Climb Championships for the Joe Brunetti Shield 10:30 Howwood 0.3 miles

DavieB

All,

Unless I am mistaken, the seldom mentioned hill climb champiosnhip is on THIS Sunday, up the Elliston climb.

Sunday 5th October - Hill Climb Championships for the Joe Brunetti Sheild 10:30 Howwood 0.3 miles

Can't make it myself and have no idea regards organisation (inc. road closures) but I thought I would point this out in an attempt to keep the event alive.

Cheers,

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

It is a bit unfair to Richard (and maybe others) to postpone the senior championship if it has been on the calender for a while. Also the national hill climb is coming up and starting in Elderslie so having the club champs the weekend before seems like good timing as presumably some will be racing in that too.

Although just to be clear on one thing - i have no intention of entering a hill climb whatever the date may be! :D

All,

I'm glad this has prompted some discussion and whether it goes ahead on Sunday, or is postponed to another date is something I won't even attempt to influence.

However from a risk exposure perspective there may be liability issues if the event is run in the clubs name on "open" roads. I realise other events take place regularly on open roads but this particular event has had a closed road element in place previously and there may be issues to consider as it is being carried out in the clubs name. 

A steer from one of the more learned committe members may be in order.

Davie

To late to postpone so this will go ahead on an open road

Somebody will have to do a new risk assessment for this to take cognises of the additional risk of the open road

• 2023 Subscriptions

The balance of opinion is that this should proceed for seniors only. There will be a Jets HC at a later date.

That's not to say that older Jets (12 years or greater) can't take part, but please be aware that it won't be a closed road and will be over the full hill!

Jann,

Has anyone volunteered to do the timekeeping yet?

On the face of things it seems that, despite the stooshie about whether or not this event gets postponed due to the lack of a road closure permit or not, a lack of timekeepers will be its ultimate undoing. How utterly ironic and unfair is that.

Put me down for time keeping duties if no one else can be bothered to assist.

Bemused from Carmunnock

Hill Climb Championship results in order of finishing time.

1st     Richard Montague - 1.40 2014 Hill Climb Champion

2nd    Alan McLean         - 1.47

3rd    Paul McDonald       - 1.50

4th    Adam Hazle            - 1.59 (junior)

5th    James MacKenzie  - 2.07

=6th  Iain Couttie

David Cowan          - 2.09

8th    Alan Thomson         -2.17

9th    Graham Findlay      - 2.34

Congratulations Richard! a deserved victory. Well done to all those who took part.

I'm not sure if Adam's effort gets him a junior prize but I'm sure someone will confirm this in due course. Nonetheless a fine effort from another of our amazing youngsters.

A vote of thanks to Colin, Alan and Ramsay for assisting on the timekeeping front. Thanks also to Chung for holding up duties and Ginty for looking pretty on a corner. A good turn out to support this end of season event.

M

PS 3 entries outstanding - Alan McL, Adam and David per my notes. Can you pass your entries to Jann or a ctte member. Jann I have £18 for the coffers.