Help required For JWCC road race September T

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

billy

Mr Mulholland has dropped off a whole array of goodies including bibs lap counter signs and a BELL. Fantastic as you now need 2 more bodies one to work counter and a bell ringer.

Also given me warning road race signs so presume we should meet earlier to post these.

Great weather, great racing & I was quite good at pointing too (think I've found my niche in the cycling world)

Think special thanks are due to Jane for running the race HQ.

Well done to all-especially big Alan in his first road race.

Keep on tapping up some new members too, Mr McDonald.

• Members

Thanks for giving up your Sunday so we could race, folks. You did the club proud today.

Well done to Alan and Paul for doing the business on the road, and a massive thank you and congratulations to Billy for organising the event.

(PS I hear he's a level three coach. ;-) )

Can I just thank all the marshals who gave up there time today, a special mention to Jane who was let alone in the strip, however she did a magnificent job  in organising all of it.

Can I also thank our sponsors  Thomson cycles for supplying some vehicles, prizes and the food, which if I had time I might have enjoyed eating it  Along with the trophy won by a junior Harry Johnston a name to watch, and to all the mighty Johnstone whos riders looked very comfortable in the bunch

Also skinny alan who eventually became a roadie today, first time with decent socks and shaved legs, there is hope for him yet 

Great mornings viewing. Calum (12) loved ringing the last lap bell ( cheers Billy). Fantastic work by all involved. Particular ta to the girl who kept us ( me) entertained at the start / finish. I only caught the end of her story, but that was "and I lost my knickers" . I filled in the blanks myself. Magic. :-D

• Members

Best way to spend a Sunday morning (apart from riding), great event Billy and well done to all the wheelers who participated. Was great to see so much gold and blue in the main bunch and sure with a good coach (anyone know of one), we'll see higher finishes on a more regular basis!

Great day.. thanks to all involved and to the riders who constantly helped with advice and encouragement, special mention to andy Gumley who sorted me out mid race with a hand full of haribo as I forgot to bring any gels food etc. Can only put it down to rushing about after standing at the wrong community center for a hour and a half. And billy legs still don't feel right :-(

• 2023 Subscriptions

Outstanding day and great result for Alan in his first road race. Unfortunately, I went away with his car keys in my pocket, so at least he had a decent warm down cyclng back to Paisley. We caught up there and sorted it all out.

Really glad it all came together on the day, well done Billy.