Scottish national 10 tt

charlie p

Thanks Alan!

Yes Iain, it was a 20:44 which is 11 seconds off my PB from 2 weeks ago, the course just suits my power profile really well being reasonably flat and in a straight line! Will really need to get a power meter some time soon as that's how everyone else rides it, I just go off heart rate and cadence (which I have really been experimenting with over the last few 10's).

It was a steady ride and I didn't think it was fast until about 2 minutes to go, I still find it hard to judge where I am on that course, it just all looks the same! I was still fairly battered after Wednesday night on the A77, that is a tough course, and yesterday was my fourth 10 in 8 days. I think the thing that really made the difference was a good 1hour warm up, getting there early, and being in a good organised routine! It sounds utterly daft, and it's the simple things, but having a pop-up gazebo has also made things much more comfortable for getting ready and warming up in, I had 3 of the top 7 riders over begging a shot for their warm ups too!

Thanks for all the nice comments and encouragement, it does make a difference, hopefully there's plenty more good riding still to come, I'm looking forward to a float night on the Westferry :)

HR for the first few and longer ones this year 169-170, 173-176 in the last week for the tens

Cadence I had been sitting 90-107 earlier in the season, I've been experimenting and have been in the low 80's to 90's the last couple, depends on le parcour