Sunday 9th February - Reliablity #2 - Moscow Revolution

Ramsay

• 2024 Subscriptions

Sorry I had to miss the soup today. Had a pressing appointment with a muddy field and lots of youngsters running around it.

Thanks for the company 9.30 bunch. It was a tough ride today, I thought, made better by the bunch staying together for the most part.

Chung took a spill but like a true hard man insisted that he was ok to ride back home. We lost Adam early on after we agreed that he would be better heading for the track for a less testing ride.We also lost Andy fae the Port - hope you were OK.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/442759638

Won't be out next week. See you for the coast run in two-weeks.

0945 group started a bit hard with a pace line then bowfield started getting together and a bit more fluid when Paul punctured so being considerate we left Paul and andy thinking they would catch us . Alas no further into the Circuit we lost Davie and Alan to further puncture so four left Me Mark Iain George thinking we would get a tail wind we ground out a pace and left Mark to do the hills once we hit the Green acre sign we knew we would not catch the other group last climb up by the fish farm and fun big gear grinding all the way home

On call next week so will be doing a turbo set in the club rooms 1000 two hour set or more

Dont know if i am out the week after maybe somewhere else S&C ing

• 2023 Subscriptions

arrived late at the clubrooms and had a choice of waiting to ride with the skinnies (and bily) or setting off to chase the 09.30s. hard work into the wind, but hooked up with AdamJet over the top of the Bowfield and rode on. Hooked up with Andy and Roddy on the drag out of Stewarton - didn't realise they were with the JW - and carried on, with the goal of not being caught.

Got to the junction with the Moscow circuit and decision time. Carry on and be that last bunch on the road, go the wrong way on the circuit and do a swift U when the charging bunch appeared, or head back and see if we could outrun everyone. Fast men arrived and whizzed past to we opted for discretion rather than valour and headed for home. Andy & Roddy dropped off on the way back to Stewarton and Adam and I made it back to the clubrooms without being caught.

No keys among the 09.00's hanging about in Miller Street, so Adam and I carried on to Bishy where he lives and then hail showers all the way home for me. Gubbed.

Well done to young Adam. Hard miles for a 13 year old. Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Slept in so missed the intended 0930 group and instead went with the 0945...which meant a tough day although i suspect the 0930 would have felt just as tough too! From about Stewarton on the way back i really started to suffer - the elastic kept threatening to snap but managed to hang on with the others easing up a bit. Probably needed a ride like this to blow the cobwebs away!

Good fun today. Thanks to Daryl for his excellent pacing and general encouragement and to Charlie for playing the shouty role and keeping everyone going...good cop bad cop.

Highlight however was McGinty's chicken soup and whoever brought the millionaire shortbread. Too obsequious?

Hope the wife didn't give you too hard a time Chung!

• Life Members

Thanks to all the well wishers, luckily I'm ok apart from a few grazes & bruises along the left side :-(

Got a quick & professional diagnose from our our team doctor - Dr. McLean who gave me the all clear, nothing broken thank Merckx!

Apologies to Charlie for causing you almost running onto the kerb, no doubt you were too busy admiring my "professional slide" (that's according to Darryl) :-)

Thanks also to everyone who offered to gave me a lift home, no less than 5 offers I may add!

You guys are a caring & generous bunch so you are!

Really appreciate the wheels from everyone today in what was another minging day!

Please let's have better weather next Sunday!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Glad you ok Chung.

I'm off to google those CO2 canisters as my mini pump was a useful as a chocolate fireguard when I punctured today. About 50psi afte reassembling it when it fell apart.

And Andy who had very kindly waited had a technical mal function with his CO2 device!

Anyway got a bit of air in then saw some guys from another club at Stewarton and borrowed a pump to get going.

Andy and I then had a splendid 2 up batter back to Greenacres but decided to short cut back to Lochwinnoch due to impending hail and armageddon weather.

:)