Paris Roubaix Challenge 166k 12 April

Guest EPCC

Mark, Chung, Paul

I'm inclined to take Mul's advice on food, although a man who confuses 8 pints of Hoegaarden and a pastry with dinner may have issues!

Booking a car, a 4 bunk cabin and dinner on the return trip comes to £370 inc £4 credit card fee. If you're ok with this give me your full names please and I'll complete booking.

Ta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Billy reminded me yesterday that PR s only 6 weeks away. Had put it out my mind only cos my memory of Flanders pave is painful. So guys advice on bike , wheels and anything else would be appreciated.Thinking of 27m tyres but would have to put on ribble but then if took scott would use 24m pave tyres. Also thinking I should just use my cheap shimano wheels on basis pave will trash wheels.. Sleet and rain doesn't bother me one jot as used to that. So Mulholland et al lets hear from u

Ta

Charlie

Taking my new carbon ribble. Old wheels and 28mm conti 4 season tyres. Gel bar inserts and two layers of bar tape.

If my wheels die then fine due replacing in the autumn. Getting lead lined lycra to add weight to me. Every bolt and nut getting an additional quarter turn. The rest I'll leave to the cycling gods. never ridden the pave before so taking it as it comes.

Would rather be eating dust on the day rather contending with slick cobbles. Next 6 weeks will be churning the big ring over long miles. Aa part of the bunch or as our own PR group.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Charlie

Did Flanders on Scott with kysriums shod with my standard 23c pro race. Scott frame will not take 25's at rear.

Had no problem. Except when I hit the armco barrier and gubbed the front wheel. But that was not the cobbles fault.

Still comes under the category of 'one of best ever days on a bike' :)