Paris Roubaix Challenge 166k 12 April

Guest EPCC

Billy, I think Paul is still looking for someone to share with.

Following Billy's lead, I too booked the hotel for 3 nights for Tom and myself. If everyone else is heading home overnight on Sunday to Monday I'll change our booking to 2 nights, Fri 11th and Sat 12th. Is this correct, or are some staying for 3 nights?

• Life Members

Might have another plus 1. My mate who did LBL and RVV with me will be in Paris the weekend before as his wife is running the marathon there. He's trying to work out if he can go awol and join us.

He also points out that FC Lille are at home to Valenciennes on Saturday night in a derby match. Chance for Buddies to see some big game football?

Martin, would be up for a watching a local "kick-about" if it can be arrange!

Chung

Entry and shuttle bus

Will post bank details soon

Billy, just tell me when & how much. Many Thanks!

Cheers

Charlie, room booked if your happy with that. Be nice to have civilized company. - for you I mean ! No gin though.

Are we teaming up with Mul again or is that a sore point ( geddit - still too soon ? )

Billy, am now registered and got shuttle. Have transferred 52 GBP to your account.

PS

troglodyte. - cave dweller

Luddite. - reactionary, specifically technology

• 2023 Subscriptions

Charlie, room booked if your happy with that. Be nice to have civilized company. - for you I mean ! No gin though.

Are we teaming up with Mul again or is that a sore point ( geddit - still too soon ? )

Billy, am now registered and got shuttle. Have transferred 52 GBP to your account.

PS

troglodyte. - cave dweller

Luddite. - reactionary, specifically technology

Charlie, you can steer around all the right hand bends. you, billy, greg and me to fill the mondeo?

• 2023 Subscriptions

I won't be able to take the car now sorry(Wife has decided to go on a camping trip that weekend in protest of me running away to France to drink the vino, bit chilly for camping tbh), So looking for a car place as well.

Cheers

(Billy let me know where/when to send money for registration thanks)

Hi All

Quick numbers count in total we have 13 going to ride the hell of the north , this includes Iain's and Martins friends .

Tom is travelling from France so that leaves 12 from here plus Toms bike so simple maths and cabin size suggests that we require 3 cars with 4 in each plus bikes and one car to have 5 bikes

Mul and Iaiin are taking there cars anybody else

I can take my car which will seat 4, in fine Germanic comfort. As for bikes i'd need to work something out to get 4 bikes on the roof. Perhaps Chung's roof bars and 3 carriers + 1 from an other club member. I'd need to look into roof bars - hire or borrow.

My understanding is that the Thule roof bar system is universal but the feet attachments are make/model specific. Does someone know better or can advise?

For the 5th bike, i'd suggest wheels off and these plus frame split among the cars. Plenty of room in my boot for 2 wheels plus 4 bags. Alternatively if Mul is taking an estate car the bike in his car with his party's luggage in my car.

Just some thots

M

ps am I rooming with McB?????

• Life Members

I'll take my car which can take 4 people and 4 bikes on the roof. I have roof bars and 2 bike carriers. Chung did original offer me his bike carriers in return for a seat in the car but I see he's now prostituting his assets to all and sundry!!

Sorry Allan, I wasn't 2 timing you, honest! :grin: I still want the seat in your car!

The 2 bike carriers required is your!

Mark, sorry if I mislead you! You can have the remaining bike carriers if you can get hold of roof bars. :grin:

P.S I'm really making things confusing am I, maybe I should just shut up.

Cheers

Chung