Paris Roubaix Challenge 166k 12 April

Guest EPCC

I think if Mul is using his car and Iain his along with Alan that should be enough

That's assuming Muls mate wants to travel with us lot

Now all we need is confirmation of the above and allocating 4 to each car

Me trying to organise things would suggest

Mul Charlie Grieg plus Muls Mate and Toms bike for one car

Alan Chung Mark Paul plus 4 bikes

And Iain Couttie his friend me and Al plus 4 bikes

Only a proposal what you think

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys

I have roof bars which will fit most cars with rails. I have many and varied bike carriers:

4-off fork mounted

4-off conventional wheel and frame mounted.

Both types mount onto said roof bars.

1-off tow bar mounted rack (4-bikes from memory)

All are available for use.

Just booked my internal flights in France. Arrive in Lille about 4:30 on Friday. 20 minute shuttle bus to train station which is about 400m from hotel. Return to Marseille Monday morning.

Bring it on!!!

............... I hate cobbles :wacko:

Ferry info...mainly aimed at my fellow travellers Chung, Mark & Paul...but relevant to all.

The return cost of the ferry for a car >1.8m in height including bikes and 4 passengers sharing a 4 bunk 'inside' cabin (nae windaes I guess) is £300. The £250 quoted was for cars <1.8m.

Meals cost extra and the costs quoted here are for 4 people. Dinner £66 Breakfast £38 BUT Both meals just £88, so £176 for all meals for 4 people for both journeys or £44 per person.

I think Mul said he'd used the ferry before and may have a view whether we eat ferry food or bring a picnic. Ferry times are: dep18.30 arr 08.45 and dep 19.00 arr 08.30.

Chung, are you happy sharing with us or will I see if the Captain will swap places? Have a look at https://www.poferries.com/ for info. on options.

• Life Members

Hi Allan,

Happy to share cabin with individual bunk beds! No problem at all!

Also, I'm easy with on board catering, I'll just go with what everyone's doing.

Just tell me how much and when to pay my share please.

Many thanks for organising, now the easy part is ride the bike ....... oh sugar!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think Mul said he'd used the ferry before and may have a view whether we eat ferry food or bring a picnic. Ferry times are: dep18.30 arr 08.45 and dep 19.00 arr 08.30.

My tuppenceworth - I've never been too impressed at the on board catering - it's a buffet and plentiful but pricey. The year we had 8 pints of Hoegaarden and a pasty was probably a mistake. Mark vanWhitehead certainly wasn't well the next day, anyway.

I've never had the breakfast buffet on board. There's a costa for coffee and pastries, and then you can hit a service station when you get off the boat.

For dinner on the way out we've bought a picnic from the M&S at the last services on the Hull motorway and eaten it in the bar (once while playing the Ronde van Vlaanderen board game). I think it's worth booking the dinner on the way back though, because you're normally rushing for the boat and hungry from hanging about a bike race all day.

• 2023 Subscriptions

My tuppenceworth - I've never been too impressed at the on board catering - it's a buffet and plentiful but pricey. The year we had 8 pints of Hoegaarden and a pasty was probably a mistake. Mark vanWhitehead certainly wasn't well the next day, anyway.

I've never had the breakfast buffet on board. There's a costa for coffee and pastries, and then you can hit a service station when you get off the boat.

For dinner on the way out we've bought a picnic from the M&S at the last services on the Hull motorway and eaten it in the bar (once while playing the Ronde van Vlaanderen board game). I think it's worth booking the dinner on the way back though, because you're normally rushing for the boat and hungry from hanging about a bike race all day.

Sounds good!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy

I am having a problem with paying for the shuttle. They suggested that my group leader pay the 30EUR and mention my name so that it is allocated. Please pay this and I will of course reimburse euros or pounds, whichever suits.

Thanks

Tom